Senior Parent Information Meeting: Class of 2015 Graduation
The Class of 2015 sponsors and administration welcome the Class of 2015 parents to an information session Saturday, October 4th from 10:00am-11:00am in the Library. The meeting will discuss the logistics of senior dues, graduation announcement ordering, and an open forum for questions/answers.
Yearbook Sales/Order NOW for Best Price ($65):
Thursday, October 9 - Price increases to $80. To order, go to www.jostensyearbooks.com and type in West Potomac High. Choose your package and customize your book!
Spirit Tracks - Student Directory Ads – Order by October 10th!
Write a special message of support to your favorite student, team or educator - just $25 for a 50-character message. Contact Sue Bernstein (email@example.com) with any questions.
Mount Vernon District Education Town Hall/Superintendent’s Region 3 Listening Tour:
Tuesday, October 14, 7-9 pm, Walt Whitman MS Lecture Hall - Superintendent’s Region 3 Listening Tour. Wednesday October 15, 7-9 pm, South County MS Lecture Hall.
For additional information contact Mary Ellen Hook at 571-423-1055 or MaryEllen.Hook@fcps.edu.
$3,000 already raised for our New Entrance Feature!!! Let's keep the mometum going! Please continue to support West Potomac Facilities improvements by donating to our new entrance feature!
- Fairfax school chief Karen Garza takes ice bucket challenge (washingtonpost.com)
- Where 2014 WP Graduates will be Freshmen in the Fall
- WPHS is featured in the 2014 Washington Post list of more than 1,900 top high schools (also known as the Challenge Index)
- West Potomac is officially closed to NEW student transfers
2-3: Student Picture Days during English classes, more info
4: Senior Parent Information Open House, 10am-11am, Library
5: Car Show- Theatre Fundraiser, 9am – 2pm, River Farm on the Potomac (7931 East Boulevard Dr, Alexandria). Admission is $3, children 12 and under FREE! Other activities include a 50/50 raffle, door prizes, food, and refreshments.
- Student Services Parent/Guardian Coffee, 7:30am-9am, Springbank Bldg room 507, Q & A Session
- Club Fair, 2:30-4pm, Small Gym
- PTSA Meeting, Library, 6:30pm
7: Parents as Educational Partners, 6pm-8pm, Library
9: Back to School Night, 9th graders, 7pm
10: Interims distributed during 3rd period
13: Columbus Day Holiday (NO SCHOOL)
14-18: HOMECOMING WEEK
- Underclassmen: TESTING
- Seniors: Town Hall Meeting
- more info
20-24: Bullying Prevention Week
29 & 30: Senior Photos LAST CHANCE For seniors who have not been photographed, please contact Lifetouch at (800) 445-1191 to set up your appointment. THIS IS THE LAST OPPORTUNITY YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED AT WEST POTOMAC!
31: End of First Quarter
6-15: Little Shop of Horrors
- SAT Test Prep Class Begins, register in advance
- ACT Test Prep Class Begins, register in advance
- SAT Mock Test
- ACT Mock Test