We are beginning the search for a new principal for Holmes Middle School. An important step in this procedure is to inform parents and community members about the principal selection process. Therefore, all Holmes Middle School parents and community members are invited to attend one of three meetings at Holmes Middle School:Wednesday, June 15th, at 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 15th at 7:00 p.m.
Friday, June 17th at 7:00 a.m.
Principal Selection Process Presentation (pdf)
2016 HMS Summer Program!
July 11-Aug 5, 9:30-2:30pm
Students in this program have the opportunity to participate in academic remediation, enrichment and recreational activities such as Math, English, Science, Algebra, Art, Reading, Flag Football, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, and other offerings. Transportation, breakfast, lunch, classes and activities will be provided free of charge to all participants. This opportunity is open to all rising 7th and 8th grade students.
Please complete, sign and return the HMS Summer Program Registration Form and Activity Selection Form to HMS by June 3, 2016.
Registration Form (pdf)
Activity Selection Form (pdf)
Summer 2016 Opportunities
Discover Russian! 4-week 2016 Summer Immersion STARTALK Program. Learn Russian Language and Culture in a total immersion program sponsored by The American Councils for International Education and FCPS/TJHSST
July 5-29, 9am–3pm, M-F (drop off time in morning 8-9am) at HMS
Eligibility: Motivated rising 6th-12th graders
Contact: Betsy Sandstrom, Program Director: email@example.com for any additional questions about the program.
Level 1: No prior knowledge of Russian required
Level 2: For students with background at any level Russian
The following are the links to the course catalog for Holmes Middle School 2016-17 school year. The catalog can be used to find information about core curriculum and elective classes. If you have any questions about the course please email your counselor.
- 2016-17 6th Grade Classes (link)
- 2016-17 7th Grade Classes (link)
- 2017-17 8th Grade Classes (link)
Service requirements for each grade
- 6th Grade (pdf)
- 7th Grade (pdf)
- 8th Grade (pdf)
- Late bus are available every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Students who are planning to use the late bus will be expected to be at school from 2:25 pm to about 4:30 pm – please note that the 4:30 pm time might change to 4:45 pm depending on adjustments made by FCPS transportation based on availability of buses. If you have any other questions about the after-school program and/or late bus run, please contact Mr. Cabezas, After-School Program Coordinator.
- HMS gladly accept checks! Include: driver's license number, full name, street address, phone numbers. (pdf)
- Inclement Weather: When Fairfax County Public Schools have a schedule change (closing or delay) due to inclement weather or other emergencies, the information is communicated as soon as the decision is made in these ways: Posted here, Facebook and Twitter. Posted on TV Channel 21 (Cox Communications, Reston Comcast, and Verizon cable customers only). Sent via e-mail to parents, employees, and KIT Plus subscribers of Delayed Openings and School Closings through the Keep in Touch e-mail notification system. Called in to area radio and television stations. Sent via text message to Keep in Touch Plus subscribers who have opted to receive Delayed Openings and School Closings.