Monday-Friday 7:30am - 2:15pm
Monday-Friday 7:15am - 3:30pm
Welcome Letter to Parents for the 2016-2017 school year at Holmes Middle School (English) (Spanish)
Alissa Oginsky, history teacher at Holmes, has been named the 2016 Mount Vernon History Teacher of the Year! Congratulations Ms. Oginsky!
Health & Wellness Fair!
Tues, August 23, 8am-2pm, at HMS, FREE
- Jujitsu Demos
- Radar Baseball
- Fun and Free Games Galore
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Dental Hygiene Demos
- Sports Training Demos
- Vision & Hearing screens
- Healthy Living Tips
- Healthy Snacks & more (pdf)
HMS Teachers will return on Friday, Aug. 26
2016-17 HMS Supply List (pdf)
Congratulations to Mrs. Margaret Barnes, announced as the new principal of Holmes Middle School!
The following are the links to the course catalog for Holmes Middle School 2016-17 school year. The catalog can be used to find information about core curriculum and elective classes. If you have any questions about the course please email your counselor.
- 2016-17 6th Grade Classes (link)
- 2016-17 7th Grade Classes (link)
- 2017-17 8th Grade Classes (link)
- Late buses are available every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Students who are planning to use the late bus will be expected to be at school from 2:25 pm to about 4:30 pm – please note that the 4:30 pm time might change to 4:45 pm depending on adjustments made by FCPS transportation based on availability of buses. If you have any other questions about the after-school program and/or late bus run, please contact Mr. Cabezas, After-School Program Coordinator.
- HMS gladly accept checks! Include: driver's license number, full name, street address, phone numbers. (pdf)
- Inclement Weather: When Fairfax County Public Schools have a schedule change (closing or delay) due to inclement weather or other emergencies, the information is communicated as soon as the decision is made in these ways:
Posted here, Facebook and Twitter. Posted on TV Channel 21 (Cox Communications, Reston Comcast, and Verizon cable customers only). Sent via e-mail to parents, employees, and KIT Plus subscribers of Delayed Openings and School Closings through the Keep in Touch e-mail notification system. Called in to area radio and television stations. Sent via text message to Keep in Touch Plus subscribers who have opted to receive Delayed Openings and School Closings.