Welcome to Fairview Elementary
- PTA Meeting, March 5 @ 7:00 pm
- Special Education Parent Conference, March 7 @ Hayfield Secondary School
- Daylight Savings Time, Spring forward, March 8
- Caring for Buddies Day, March 12
- Teacher Workday, No School for students, March 16
- Spring Vacation, March 30 - April 3
- Teacher Workday, No School for Students, April 6
Kindergarten Orientation will take place on Thursday, April 16 from 2:30 until 4:35 pm. Please call the school at 703-503-3700 to register for orientation.
Advanced Academic Program (AAP) Resources
Click the links below to see resources and sample activities.
- Enrichment Opportunities
- Children's Literature
- Hands on Equations (Mrs. Birnbaums Intro)
- DBQ Project (sample DBQ about the Dustbowl)
Standards of Learning (SOL)
The Standards of Learning (SOL) for Virginia Public Schools establish minimum expectations for what students should know and be able to do at the end of each grade or course in English, Math, Sciene, History, and Social Studies. Click here for more information and practice items for SOL tests.
Links to practice tests and resources below:
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
With classroom teacher approval, students may use their own devices in the classroom. For more info, click here.
Click the link above to access division wide forms.
Wellness Award - 5th Year in a Row!
The Fairfax County Public Schools Wellness Task Force has again granted Fairview Elementary School the G.O.L.D.E.N.(Giving Others Lifelong Desire for Exercise and Nutrition) Wellness Award for 2012. The Gold Apple is the top tier in the G.O.L.D.E.N. Wellness Series.
Click here to go to the Office of Food and Nutrition Services home page for more information
FCPS has released a moblie app for you to use. Please take the time to download the app to your mobile device. Be sure to look for the official FCPS Mobile app - it's FREE! Check it out here: FCPS App (Apple) or FCPS App (Android)