Welcome to Fairview Elementary
New bell schedule for 2015-2016 school year. Please click here for details.
- Fairview Staff Vs Terre Centre Staff Volleyball Game, April 24
- Spring Book Fair, April 27 - May 16. Click here for more information.
- Field Day is May 1. Volunteers are need. Please click here to learn more.
- SOL testing will begin May 12 and end June 1.
- Fairview ES celebrates Chinese New Year with a parade. Click here to see the video!
Advanced Academic Program (AAP) Resources
Click the links below to see resources and sample activities.
- Enrichment Opportunities
- Children's Literature
- Hands on Equations (Mrs. Birnbaums Intro)
- DBQ Project (sample DBQ about the Dustbowl)
Standards of Learning (SOL)
The Standards of Learning (SOL) for Virginia Public Schools establish minimum expectations for what students should know and be able to do at the end of each grade or course in English, Math, Sciene, History, and Social Studies. Click here for more information and practice items for SOL tests.
Fairview will be doing SOL testing starting May 12 and ending June 1.
Links to practice tests and resources below:
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
With classroom teacher approval, students may use their own devices in the classroom. For more info, click here.
Click the link above to access division wide forms.
Wellness Award - 5th Year in a Row!
The Fairfax County Public Schools Wellness Task Force has again granted Fairview Elementary School the G.O.L.D.E.N.(Giving Others Lifelong Desire for Exercise and Nutrition) Wellness Award for 2012. The Gold Apple is the top tier in the G.O.L.D.E.N. Wellness Series.
Click here to go to the Office of Food and Nutrition Services home page for more information
FCPS has released a moblie app for you to use. Please take the time to download the app to your mobile device. Be sure to look for the official FCPS Mobile app - it's FREE! Check it out here: FCPS App (Apple) or FCPS App (Android)