There are no emergency announcements at this time.
Go to The Source
Find out about FCPS schedule changes and news through e-mail, web and cable television.
How does FCPS decide when to close schools due to inclement weather?
When Fairfax County Public Schools have a schedule change (closing or delay) due to inclement weather or other emergencies, the information is communicated as soon as the decision is made in these ways:
- Posted here.
- Posted on TV Channel 21 (Cox Communications, Reston Comcast, and Verizon cable customers only).
- Sent via e-mail to parents through the Keep in Touch e-mail notification system.
- Called in to area radio and television stations.
- Posted to Facebook and Twitter.
- Please note that due to budget cuts, the telephone hotline is no longer operational.
Inclement Weather Situations