Welcome to Wakefield Forest Elementary School!
Our mission is to provide for all Wakefield Forest Elementary School students a structured environment where every child is engaged in learning in a responsible and productive way so that each student will be challenged to reach his or her potential, be a life-long learner, and contribute as a caring member of our diverse, changing world.
- Class Placement Form: For those parents with children returning to Wakefield Forest in September, please remember to turn in the blue Parent Input Form for Class Placement no later than Friday, May 27, 2016. Each year we ask for parent insights regarding how their child learns best. Due to teacher assignment changes, we do not solicit teacher requests. You may download the form here.
- Bell Schedule Changes for 2016-2017: The Wakefield Forest bell schedule will be adjusted by 10 minutes for the 2016-2017 school year. Next year the school day will start for students at 8:40 am and end at 3:25 pm. Student arrival may begin at 8:25 am.
- Kiss n' Ride - If you would like a Kiss n' Ride hang tag, either as a new parent or to replace a damaged one from last year, please read, complete and return the Kiss n' Ride Hang Tag form to the WFES office.
- Supply Lists: The 2016-2017 School Suppliy lists are currently available here.
- Summer Access to Online Student Accounts: Wakefield Forest Elementary School students have a number of online accounts that they use to access resources. This summer students will continue to have access to ... (more)
- SIS Parent Accounts: As each school has implemented the new SIS Parent Accounts, letters containing directions and an activation key code have been mailed to each home address. The SIS Parent Account will provide you access to your student’s attendance, report card grades, and additional information, establishing yet another form of communication between home and school.
- If you have not yet registered and your activation key code has expired, please contact the school during normal business hours so that a new key code can be mailed to you.
- You can learn more by watching this short video. Once you set-up your account here is the link you can use to log in to access your account: https://sisparent.fcps.edu
- Parent View: Parent View Accounts provide legal guardians with access to all of their children’s FCPS 24-7 Learning courses using their own individual username and password.
- Starting September 8, 2015, you must have an active SIS Parent Account to be able to login to FCPS 24-7 Learning. The same login will be used to access both the SIS and FCPS 24-7 systems after this date. Each parent has or will receive a letter in the mail providing a web address, activation key, and directions on registering for an SIS Parent account. If you received a letter, but did not act within the allotted 45 days, you must request a new activation code from your child’s school.
- More importantly Parent View Accounts allow guardians to update their children’s emergency care information online. Learn how to Register for a ParentView Account on the FCPS 24-7 Learning: Parent Help webpage.
- Bring Your Own Device: Wakefield Forest Elementary School has embraced Fairfax County Public School’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. The purpose of this program is to assist students and staff in creating a 21st century learning environment. In efforts to support this progress, ... (read more)
- Elective Program: This year Wakefield Forest’s fifth and sixth graders will once again have the opportunity to experience the Elective Program.