Welcome to Wakefield Forest Elementary School!
Our mission is to provide for all Wakefield Forest Elementary School students a structured environment where every child is engaged in learning in a responsible and productive way so that each student will be challenged to reach his or her potential, be a life-long learner, and contribute as a caring member of our diverse, changing world.
- Middle School Honors Classes Overview: Honors classes, aligned with national standards for gifted and talented education, are open to all students who seek academic rigor. Fairfax County offers open enrollment in ... (more)
- SIS Parent Accounts: WFES will be one of the pilot schools for FCPS's SIS Parent Accounts. These accounts are different from the 24-7 Learning Parent View accounts. The accounts will enable parents access to view student’s attendance, progress reports, and additional information, establishing another form of communication between home and school. During the first week of November 2014 each parent will receive a letter in the mail providing a web address, activation key, and directions on registering for your account. You can learn more by watching this short video. Once you set-up your account here is the link you can use to log in to access your account: https://sisparent.fcps.edu
- Spelling Bee: Find the 2014-2015 Spelling Bee Lists here.
- Elective Program: This year Wakefield Forest’s fifth and sixth graders will once again have the opportunity to experience the Elective Program.
- Supply Lists: The 2014-2015 School Suppliy lists are currently available here.
- Bring Your Own Device: Wakefield Forest Elementary School has embraced Fairfax County Public School’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. The purpose of this program is to assist students and staff in creating a 21st century learning environment. In efforts to support this progress, ... (read more)
- Parent View: Parents have the opportunity to create an FCPS 24-7 Learning (Blackboard) account of their own. Parent View Accounts provide legal guardians with access to all of their children’s FCPS 24-7 Learning courses using their own individual username and password. More importantly Parent View Accounts allow guardians to update their children’s emergency care information online. Learn how to Register for a ParentView Account on the FCPS 24-7 Learning: Parent Help webpage