Mantua Elementary School
Dreambox Math Program
The Dreambox math program is being used at Mantua with all students. On our parent page there is information to assist parents with this program when students are using it at home.
Mantua Online Resources Page for Students
A web page has been developed that helps students use different online resources at school and at home.
School Improvement Plan
Mantua Elementary School's Improvement Plan is available.
Student Information System (SIS)
Mantua will be one of the pilot schools for FCPS's SIS Parent Accounts. These accounts are different from the 24-7 Learning Parent View accounts. The accounts will enable parents access to view student’s attendance, progress reports, and additional information, establishing another form of communication between home and school. During the first week of November 2014 each parent will receive a letter in the mail providing a web address, activation key, and directions on registering for your account. You can learn more by watching this short video. Once you set-up your account here is the link you can use to log in to access your account: https://sisparent.fcps.edu
- Information about SIS Parent Accounts
- Registration - http://www.fcps.edu/it/MyParentAccount
- Set-Up YouTube Video
- SIS Parent Account User Guide (pdf)
Mantua wins Golden Wellness Award
The G.O.L.D.E.N. Wellness Award (Giving Others Lifelong Desire for Exercise and Nutrition) recognizes schools that focus on wellness in their school and school community.
Google Apps in Education
Things to Keep in Mind When Using FCPS Google Apps for Education:
- Remember to never share your GAE password.
- Report any inappropriate use to a faculty or staff member at your school. It will be investigated.
- Over the summer, your GAE account and its tools will continue to be available for use, and any files from this school year will also be available.
- GAE student tools include Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentation, Mail (grades 3-12 only) and Calendar.
- Remember that using Google Apps for Education outside of school is just like being in school. Students are responsible for following all FCPS guidelines as described in the Students Rights & Responsibilities Handbook and the FCPS Acceptable Use Policy.
Students may click here to access their accounts.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Students can register their devices themselves at school.
Blackboard Accounts for Parents (Parent View)
Parents can now create their own account for FCPS 24-7 Learning. After registering and having their account validated at one of their children’s schools, parents will have their own username and password to access all of their children's available courses, their middle school students’ Academic and Career Planning, their high school students’ career and college planning through Family Connection and will be able to update their children’s emergency information through weCare@school. Updating weCare@school with the correct email address will ensure better communication via Keep in Touch. For more information go to http://www.fcps.edu/is/instructionaltechnology/247help/parents.shtml. You’ll also find other helpful information regarding Blackboard and your student’s use of this technology.
We will have laptops available at both Back To School Nights to assist you with signing up.