Mantua Elementary School
New Family Meet & Greets
The Mantua PTA New Family Welcome Committee invites you and your family to meet other families at the Mantua ES Playground. Your child’s transition on the first day of school will be easier when they see some familiar faces! Please bring cold drinks and sunscreen for your family. Feel free to share this information with any new neighbors who will have students at Mantua ES next school year.
Scheduled Meet & Greets:
Saturday, July 26, 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Saturday, August 16, 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Saturday, August 30, 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
What are Mantua students reading this summer?
Find out what our students are reading this summer and check them out at your local library or online.
Mantua wins Golden Wellness Award
The G.O.L.D.E.N. Wellness Award (Giving Others Lifelong Desire for Exercise and Nutrition) recognizes schools that focus on wellness in their school and school community.
Google Apps in Education
Things to Keep in Mind When Using FCPS Google Apps for Education:
- Remember to never share your GAE password.
- Report any inappropriate use to a faculty or staff member at your school. It will be investigated.
- Over the summer, your GAE account and its tools will continue to be available for use, and any files from this school year will also be available.
- GAE student tools include Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentation, Mail (grades 3-12 only) and Calendar.
- Remember that using Google Apps for Education outside of school is just like being in school. Students are responsible for following all FCPS guidelines as described in the Students Rights & Responsibilities Handbook and the FCPS Acceptable Use Policy.
Students may click here to access their accounts.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Students and staff are able to access our wireless network with their personal devices (laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, etc) during the school day. The purpose of the device should be for academic use. Your student must bring a completed form to our technology specialist to register it. Registration will be on Wed. mornings. Please have your student check in with their homeroom teacher and then give it to Mr. Ehrlich in the tech room.
Blackboard Accounts for Parents (Parent View)
Parents can now create their own account for FCPS 24-7 Learning. After registering and having their account validated at one of their children’s schools, parents will have their own username and password to access all of their children's available courses, their middle school students’ Academic and Career Planning, their high school students’ career and college planning through Family Connection and will be able to update their children’s emergency information through weCare@school. Updating weCare@school with the correct email address will ensure better communication via Keep in Touch. For more information go to http://www.fcps.edu/is/instructionaltechnology/247help/parents.shtml. You’ll also find other helpful information regarding Blackboard and your student’s use of this technology.
We will have laptops available at both Back To School Nights to assist you with signing up.