Mantua Elementary School
Back to School NIghts
Grades 4-6 Sept. 16th 6:30-8:30pm
Grades K-3 Sept. 18th 6:30-8:30pm
Parents! We’re excited to host the 9-day Boosterthon Fun Run as this year’s fundraiser. We kick off the fun, healthy, and character-building program on September 15th. Plus, students will be learning five ways to make their community rock with Boosterthon’s character theme Rock’n Town Live, a music festival theme all about community.Along the way, students will gather pledges for how many laps they’ll run at the Boosterthon Fun Run event, which is on September 25th. Your family is invited to come out and cheer on your student! Please help our school by connecting your student with sponsors. Thank you for your support!
Mantua wins Golden Wellness Award
The G.O.L.D.E.N. Wellness Award (Giving Others Lifelong Desire for Exercise and Nutrition) recognizes schools that focus on wellness in their school and school community.
Google Apps in Education
Things to Keep in Mind When Using FCPS Google Apps for Education:
- Remember to never share your GAE password.
- Report any inappropriate use to a faculty or staff member at your school. It will be investigated.
- Over the summer, your GAE account and its tools will continue to be available for use, and any files from this school year will also be available.
- GAE student tools include Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentation, Mail (grades 3-12 only) and Calendar.
- Remember that using Google Apps for Education outside of school is just like being in school. Students are responsible for following all FCPS guidelines as described in the Students Rights & Responsibilities Handbook and the FCPS Acceptable Use Policy.
Students may click here to access their accounts.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Students and staff are able to access our wireless network with their personal devices (laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, etc) during the school day. Coming soon there will be a registration process parents can register their student's device at home. The purpose of the device should be for academic use only and follow the guidelines for technology usage at FCPS schools in the Students Rights and Responsibilities document.
Blackboard Accounts for Parents (Parent View)
Parents can now create their own account for FCPS 24-7 Learning. After registering and having their account validated at one of their children’s schools, parents will have their own username and password to access all of their children's available courses, their middle school students’ Academic and Career Planning, their high school students’ career and college planning through Family Connection and will be able to update their children’s emergency information through weCare@school. Updating weCare@school with the correct email address will ensure better communication via Keep in Touch. For more information go to http://www.fcps.edu/is/instructionaltechnology/247help/parents.shtml. You’ll also find other helpful information regarding Blackboard and your student’s use of this technology.
We will have laptops available at both Back To School Nights to assist you with signing up.