Mantua Elementary School
Heritage Night 2016
see our photo album
Please join us for one of our favorite events, the Mantua Raccoon Run that supports cancer research on May 7, 2016 at 8am at Mantua ES. There is a kids run/walk and then a 5k fun/walk.
SOL Dates for 2015
Below you will see the list of SOL testing for 2016. Please make every effort to have your students here during these dates, rested and ready.
May 17 – 5th Grade Reading SOL
May 18 – 4th Grade Reading SOL
May 19 – 3rd Grade Reading SOL part 1
May 20 – 3rd Grade Reading SOL part 2
May 24 – 4th Grade Math SOL
May 25 – 5th Grade Math SOL
May 27 – 6th Grade Reading SOL
May 31 – 5th Grade Science SOL
June 1 – 3rd Grade Math SOL
June 3 – 6th Grade Math SOL
June 7 – 4th Grade VA Studies SOL
Student Information System (SIS)
SIS Parent Accounts – Additional Central Mailing
SIS Parent Account registration letters will be mailed on the afternoon of September 8th to all parents of students who are new to FCPS and registered as of September 4th and to all parents who had a FCPS 24-7 Learning account last year but have not yet registered for their SIS Parent Account. This is the parent registration page once you receive your letter in the mail:
Here is the SIS Parent Account login link: You can also access it at www.fcsps.edu. It is on the right menu, the button right below the FCPS 24-7 Learning button.
For more information on the SIS Parent Account click here.
Budget Proposal Tool
The Budget Proposal Tool is an online way for stakeholders to provide their recommendations for how to address the projected deficit that FCPS is facing in FY 2017. FCPS is gathering proposals for two different deficit amounts: $50 million and $75 million. The shortfall contains uncertainty because there are costs and funding that are not determined until later in the budget process. For directions and the link to the tool click here. It is recommended you use Internet Explorer or Firefox with this tool.
Back to School Nights
Available for your viewing is the Mantua ES administrators' Back to School Night message and school board member Patty Reed's message.
School Improvement Plan
Google Apps for Education
Things to Keep in Mind When Using FCPS Google Apps for Education:
- Remember to never share your GAE password.
- Report any inappropriate use to a faculty or staff member at your school. It will be investigated.
- Over the summer, your GAE account and its tools will continue to be available for use, and any files from this school year will also be available.
- GAE student tools include Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentation, Mail (grades 3-12 only) and Calendar.
- Remember that using Google Apps for Education outside of school is just like being in school. Students are responsible for following all FCPS guidelines as described in the Students Rights & Responsibilities Handbook and the FCPS Acceptable Use Policy.
Students may click here to access their accounts.