Mantua Elementary School
Important Upcoming Events
March 26th - Heritage Night 6-7pm/Literacy Night 7-8pm
April 11th - Talent Show
April 24 - Family Fun Lego Night
May 18th - Kindergarten Meeting 2pm
Information for Rising Kindergarteners
Mantua is now accepting kindergarten registrations. Rising kindergarten parents need to register their child before May 18, 2015. You need to have the enrollment bundle of forms completed when you register your student as well as the experience and checklist. Parents should bring their rising kindergartner, completed forms, ID, original birth certificate, and lease or deed to their residences to the school office.
Mantua’s kindergarten meeting will be held on Monday, May 18th at 2:00 p.m. Parents are encouraged to register their rising kindergartners before this date.
School Improvement Plan
Mantua Elementary School's Improvement Plan is available.
Student Information System (SIS)
Mantua will be one of the pilot schools for FCPS's SIS Parent Accounts. These accounts are different from the 24-7 Learning Parent View accounts. The accounts will enable parents access to view student’s attendance, progress reports, and additional information, establishing another form of communication between home and school. During the first week of November 2014 each parent will receive a letter in the mail providing a web address, activation key, and directions on registering for your account. You can learn more by watching this short video. Once you set-up your account here is the link you can use to log in to access your account: https://sisparent.fcps.edu
- Information about SIS Parent Accounts
- Registration - http://www.fcps.edu/it/MyParentAccount
- Set-Up YouTube Video
- SIS Parent Account User Guide (pdf)
Google Apps in Education
Things to Keep in Mind When Using FCPS Google Apps for Education:
- Remember to never share your GAE password.
- Report any inappropriate use to a faculty or staff member at your school. It will be investigated.
- Over the summer, your GAE account and its tools will continue to be available for use, and any files from this school year will also be available.
- GAE student tools include Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentation, Mail (grades 3-12 only) and Calendar.
- Remember that using Google Apps for Education outside of school is just like being in school. Students are responsible for following all FCPS guidelines as described in the Students Rights & Responsibilities Handbook and the FCPS Acceptable Use Policy.
Students may click here to access their accounts.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Students can register their devices themselves at school.