LJMS Community News
New Student Orientation
Orientation for new students (all 7th graders and new 8th graders) will be Aug. 29 from 9-11 a.m. Students can get their schedules at this event or at Tiger Time. If students do not attend these events, they will receive their schedules on the first day of school.
- An orientation bus schedule will be mailed soon.
- Please be sure to tell your student to bring their class schedule to orientation if they have already received it.
- This orientation is for all rising 7th grade students and 8th grade students who will be new to Luther Jackson. This event is for students only.
- Students will have the opportunity to walk through their schedules and meet their teachers.
- They will not have access to their lockers so they should bring only a pencil or pen with a few sheets of loose-leaf paper.
The current issue of Parent Notes and News, including important dates for the month, may now be viewed online or downloaded from the websitePlease take a moment to see what's happening at LJMS. In addition, previous newsletters are available on the Newsletter Archive page.
Welcome, Principal Lehman!
Welcome to our new principal, Mr. Chad Lehman. Prior to coming to Luther Jackson, Mr. Lehman served as assistant principal at South Lakes High School, a highly diverse, academically rigorous, community-minded, school. After beginning his teaching career in Harrisonburg, Virginia, he moved to Fairfax County Public Schools, where his work has included teaching, coaching, sponsoring student government programs, directing student activities, and serving as an instructional specialist in the central office.
Mr. Lehman completed his undergraduate studies at the Pennsylvania State University, his Master of Science studies at James Madison University, and completed his Master of Education studies in Educational Leadership at George Mason University. His passion for student success, teacher leadership, quality instruction, and building strong community relations will be a tremendous asset to Luther Jackson Middle School.
Please take a moment to read Mr. Lehman's message to the LJMS community.
Looking for resources to help you stay fit? Check out some in our local community:
LJ is putting a STOP to bullying! If you or someone you know is being bullied you can do something about it! By filling out our LJMS Bullying Report form you can be a part of the upstanders who are taking a stand against bullying!