LJMS Community News
Please join us on Tuesday, Aug. 30, for students whose last names begin with A-L or Wednesday, Aug. 31, for students whose last name begins with M-Z, both days from 3-7 p.m. This is not a required event, but we welcome and encourage you to attend. If you cannot attend your assigned evening, you may attend either day. If you come, both parent and student should attend. You may want to bring multiple checks for payments. Cash is also accepted. Here is what you can do at Tiger Time:
- Pick up your class schedule.
- Pick up, fill out mandatory forms, and get a head start on the school year.
- Buy your student’s PE uniform.
- Put money on your student’s lunch account.
- Sign up for our PTA and meet new PTA Board members.
- Get locker assignments if all required forms are completed.
New Student Orientation
Orientation for all 7th graders and new 8th graders will be Friday, Sept. 2, from 9-11 a.m. Students can get their schedules at this event or at Tiger Time. If students do not attend these events, they will receive their schedules on the first day of school.
- An orientation bus schedule will be mailed soon.
- Please be sure to tell your student to bring his/her class schedule to orientation if they have already received it.
- This orientation is for all rising 7th grade students. 8th grade students who will be new to Luther Jackson may also attend. This event is for students only.
- Students will have the opportunity to walk through their schedules and meet their teachers.
- Students will not have access to their lockers, so they should bring only a pencil or pen with a few sheets of loose-leaf paper.
On behalf of the staff, faculty, and administration, we wish the entire Luther Jackson community a safe, restful, and enriching summer. Classes will begin for the 2016-17 school year on Tuesday, Sept. 6.
New Issue of Jackson Journal
Please take a moment to review the fine work of our Jackson Journal newspaper staff. The fourth quarter issue is now available online.
Looking for resources to help you stay fit? Check out some in our local community:
LJ is putting a STOP to bullying! If you or someone you know is being bullied you can do something about it! By filling out our LJMS Bullying Report form you can be a part of the upstanders who are taking a stand against bullying!