- Contact Us
- Quick Links
- About Us
- On Wednesday, 11/26, school will dismiss 2 hours early.
- Visit the Service Learning Opportunities tab to see all new opportunities available for the week of November 10.
- Class of 2018:
The week of December 1, 2014 Langley High School is providing a depression awareness and suicide prevention training as part of the SOS Signs of Suicide Prevention Program to our 9th grade students. The program has proven to be successful at increasing students’ awareness of mental health concerns along with creating strategies that students can use when they are concerned about themselves or a friend. Our goal is to:
- help our students understand that depression is treatable,
- provide our students training in how to identify signs of potential depression and suicidality in themselves or a friend,
- help our students know whom in the school they can turn to for help, if they need it.
Our plan is to implement the SOS program to our 9th graders the week of December 1, 2014 via their Health/PE 9 classes. Students will view the SOS Friends for Life video and complete a brief questionnaire. The Student Services Department will review questionnaires and follow up with students and parents when necessary. At the November PTSA/Principal’s Coffee, parents will have the opportunity to preview the SOS video that will be shown to students, receive handouts on community mental health resources, and will view the trusted adult video. Parents who do not wish for their child to participate in the SOS program will be required to return an opt-out form before Thanksgiving vacation. Counselors will be focused on this program the week of December 1st; therefore unable to take any appointments. The Senior College Application deadline will be extended to Monday, December 8 to accommodate those seniors needing to see their counselor. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement this new program.
- THANKSGIVING DINNER: You are invited to Thanksgiving Dinner on November 27th from 12:00 noon - 2:00 pm at Lewinsville Presbyterian Church in McLean. The Church will be hosting a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner for members of our community whose family may be alone or unable to prepare a meal and would like to have a place to go to celebrate this holiday with others. This is a day for warmth and sharing. We are serving a lovely sit-down dinner (free of charge) and hope you will be able to join us.
CLICK HERE TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE AT THE DINNER >> Or call the Church at 703-356-7332 ext. 19, to make your reservation.
Wehave many VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES available for cooking, baking, set-up, serving, clean-up, decorating, worship, and music.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR ONE OF THESE VOLUNTEER SPOTS >>
- Langley High School Alumni from 1975 have announced plans for their 40th Reunion at St. Luke’s Parish Hall on Georgetown Pike in McLean on August 1, 2015. Please contact David Cahan at firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information or visit https://travelon.wufoo.com/forms/langley-high-school/ to be added to their database.
- Schedule Change Packets are now available…Click here for the packet and follow the instructions.
- The Science Department is recruiting volunteers to assist with the science fair on January 22, 2015. If you are interested in serving as a judge or member of the Scientific Review Committee, or would like to provide refreshments, please complete the form at the link below. Your assistance greatly helps us make this program successful. If you have any questions, please contact Jeromy Gilman (Jeromy.Gilman@fcps.edu) or Sarah Ell (Sarah.Ell@fcps.edu). http://goo.gl/kp79hh
- Work Permits: Documents required to process a child labor permit can be found at http://www.doli.virginia.gov/
- Congratulations to Ms. Leah Puhlick, Langley science teacher, who has been recognized by the Yale Office of Undergraduate Admisions as a recipient of the 2014 Yale Educator Award.
- Follow Mr. Ragone on Twitter @mjragone for the earliest alerts, Langley news, and best wishes for student groups.
- On-Line Options – See the link below for information on FCPS’s online campus.
- Service Learning Opportunities - Check the website regularly for new Service Learning Opportunities. Updated 11/18/14. For more information about service learning at Langley, the Service Cord, and the Civic Seal, visit the Student Services, Service Learning tab.
- Want to start a new club or renew an existing club? Click here for directions and documents.
- Yearbook Sales Flyer, click here. To go to the Yearbook Website, click here.
- New and prospective students may schedule a tour of the building through the PTSA. Click here for information.
Moving to Langley Boundaries? - .Click here for registration information
back to top
Main Office: 703-287-2700
Activities Office: 703-287-2750
Activities Fax: 703-287-2764
Band Office: 703-287-2820
Career Center: 703-287-2747
Cafeteria Office: 703-287-2721
Main Office Fax: 703-287-2797
Student Services: 703-287-2722
Student Services Fax: 703-287-2834
Langley High School is one of twenty-six secondary and high schools in the Fairfax County Public School (FCPS) system. The school district is the largest in Virginia and the eleventh largest in the country, with over 175,000 students served.