- Contact Us
- Quick Links
- About Us
- All rising 9th graders are invited to attend our Activities Fair on April 25, at 4:00.
- Click here for the College Application Summer Workshop.
- Please join the PTSA Family Network Committee on April 24th at 11:30am in the Special Ed. Confrence Room as we discuss David and Goliath, by Malcolm Gladwell. Gladwell uses historical events to encourage us to rethink how we view the world around us and how to deal with obstacles, disadvantages, and the challenges life throws at us. Among other topics, he examines the idea of "best fit" colleges and shows how certain academic “advantages,” such as gaining admission to an elite college, can have downsides. Being a “big fish in a small pond” at a less prestigious school can lead to greater confidence and a better chance of success in later life. This is an easy read, perfect for a Spring Break getaway. Click here for discussion questions.
- Mental Health Resources Information
Mental Health Emergency Numbers (available 24/7)
FCPS Hotline 571-423-2000
Woodburn/CSB Emergency Mental Health 703-573-5679
Dominion Hospital Emergency Room 703-536-2000
Crisis Link 703-527-4077; 1-800-suicide; 1-800-273-talk
- Curriculum Focus Week: Curriculum Focus Week will take place February 3-7, 2014. The purpose of the week is to inform parents and students about course offerings so that students will make good solid choices for next year. Please contact department chairs or school counselors for additional information. Registration will start with rising seniors beginning February 10.
- For information regarding Course Descriptions of the courses being offered at Langley HS for 2014-15, please read the LHS Course Catalog.
- Follow Mr. Ragone on Twitter @mjragone for the earliest alerts, Langley news, and best wishes for student groups.
- On-Line Options – See the link below for information on FCPS’s online campus. This was the subject of our PTSA/Principal’s Coffee on Wednesday, October 30, 2013.
- Issuance of Employment Certificates to Minors: Employment Certificates will no longer be processed at the schools. All documents required to process a child labor permit can be found at http://www.doli.virginia.gov. Parents can now access the forms directly from the Dept. of Labor website.
- School Sponsored Special Event Guest Form.
- Service Learning Opportunities - Check the website regularly for new Service Learning Opportunities. Updated 4/11/14. For more information about service learning at Langley, the Service Cord, and the Civic Seal, visit the Student Services, Service Learning tab.
- The State of Virginia requires all 10th grade students and their parent/guardian to attend a 90-minute traffic safety program as part of the classroom driver education instruction. This requirement began in the 2010-2011 school year and must be met before a student will receive a Driver Education Certificate of Completion (DEC-1 card).
Parents for Safe Teen Driving dates at Langley High School: September 26, November 19 & March 19. Click here for other high school dates for this program.
- Want to start a new club or renew an existing club? Click here for directions and documents.
- Yearbook Sales Flyer, click here.
- Moving to Langley Boundaries - Click here for registration information.
- Langley Balloons - An enterprise run by The Work Awarness and Transition Students. To order your balloons, click here.
back to top
Main Office: 703-287-2700
Activity Hotline: 703-287-2787
Activities Office: 703-287-2750
Activities Fax: 703-287-2764
Band Office: 703-287-2820
Career Center: 703-287-2747
Cafeteria Office: 703-287-2721
Main Office Fax: 703-287-2797
Student Services: 703-287-2722
Student Services Fax: 703-287-2834
Langley High School is one of twenty-six secondary and high schools in the Fairfax County Public School (FCPS) system. The school district is the largest in Virginia and the eleventh largest in the country, with over 175,000 students served.