Welcome To Herndon Middle School!
- HMS Course Description and Selection Sheets
- Counselor Appreciation Week
Last week HMS celebrated Counselor Appreciation Week and was featured on Apple 21. The video can be seen by clicking HERE.
- HMS Curriculum Night/Orientation Information
Information from the HMS annual Curriculum Night/Orientation, which took place on Febraury 6th at 6:30pm, can be found by clicking on one of the links below.
7th Grade Information (pdf)
8th Grade Information (pdf)
- Herndon Rotary Essay Contest
- Volunteers Needed: Family Bingo Night!
The Dranesville Elementary School PTA is hosting Family Bingo Night on Friday, January 17th starting at 6pm and we are looking for volunteers to help out. We will begin set up at 4:30 at the school and the event is scheduled to last until 8:30. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Carrie Hester at email@example.com for more information. Thank you!
- HMS Milk and Bookies Book Drive
Thanks to all who donated books, baked cookies and encouraged kids to participate in our book drive. You have really made a difference.
HMS collected and donated 1,808 books to the Herndon Neighborhood Resource Center. This is well over double what we collected last year. What a wonderful gift to our community. Thank you.
- Bring Your Own Device Registration Continues!
Students can register their devices in the front office, at the beginning of the school day, or during Power Time. Students are to turn in their Acceptance of Responsibility and Device Use Agreement Form in exchange for an "FCPS APPROVED" sticker for their device. Devices in use by students that have not been approved or are in use outside the classroom fall under the Student Rights & Responsibilities regulation and are subject to confiscation and will be returned to the parent.
To access the Acceptance of Responsibility and Device Use Agreement Form in multiple languages click HERE.
- Battle of the Books List 2014
It is here! The 2013-14 Battle of the Books list(pdf)- check it out and get a jumpstart on the competition! Check out the Annotated Book List, which gives a brief description for each book, HERE (pdf).
- HMS Yearbook on Sale
The Yearbook for the 2013-14 school year is on sale. The order form can be found HERE (pdf). The online order form can be found on the Parents page.
- HMS String Backpacks For Sale
Herndon MS will be selling red string backpacks. The string backpack can be used to transport textbooks and classroom supplies throughout the school day. We would love to see all of our students using these backpacks to securely take their school supplies from class to class. For more information click here (pdf).
Current Newsletters & Downloads
- 2013-2014 Supply List: The supply list for the upcoming school year is available HERE.
- The HMS School Improvement Plan can be found HERE.
- Recuerden de revisar la sección en Español para mantenerse informados sobre eventos y fechas importantes.
- Here is some information for families new to Fairfax County who want to register children for FCPS schools.
- Support Herndon Middle School through your purchases at Food Lion! The HMS code is: 219845.
- Students who want extra help have many after school opportunities to get it at HMS! Find out about all the wayswe are trying to help students succeed here at HMS.