Welcome To Herndon Middle School!
- HMS Important Upcoming Dates
August 21th: Herndon Middle School will send Parent/Guardians the schedule for students for 2014-2015 school year.
August 28th: Rising 7th and New 8th Grade Students, 9:00 – 11:00. Information will be sent to homes on August 21 and busses will pick up at elementary schools.
August 28th: Parent and Student Open House, 4:00 – 6:00. Time to walk around the building, check out where classrooms are, try out a locker and visit information booths for starting school. More information will be sent on August 21.
- HMS 2014-15 Supply List and Bell Schedule
- HMS Math Summer Packets
- HMS Summer Reading Letter & Challenge
- Information for Rising 9th Grade Prospective Athletes
Click HERE(pdf) more information related to requirements for high school sports eligibility.
- HMS 2015 Battle of the Books List
The 2015 Battle of the Books list in now available. Click HERE(pdf) more information
- HMS 2014-15 Course Selection Sheets
- 2014-15 Reflections Program
Everyone deserves opportunities to explore and be involved in the arts. The National PTA Reflections program is PTA’s cornerstone arts program. It was developed in 1969 by Colorado’s PTA President Mary Lou Anderson to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Since then, the Reflections Program has inspired millions of students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork. Each year, students in Grades Pre-K through 12 are recognized for bringing the theme to life through dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. The theme for PTA’s 2014–15 Reflections Program is “The world would be a better place if…”. Take the summer to reflect on the program and start your work of art, entries will be due October 24, 2014. 8th grade students be sure to look into to the Reflections Program at your high school to see if they are participating for 2014/2015. For more information contact Craig Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more click HERE(pdf).
- HMS Jumpstart
Registration for the 2014 HMS Jumpstart program is now underway! Jumpstart is a great way for your rising seventh grade child to learn about Herndon Middle School, meet new people, and calm those pre-middle school nerves. To register your child for Jumpstart fill out the attached form and submit it with payment (cash or check) to Herndon Middle School. See you this summer!
Registration Form (PDF)
Forma de Registración (PDF)
- FCPS Summer Resources
FCPS is offering summer enrichment courses. Click HERE (pdf) for more details.
- Emergency Mental Health Hotline
If your child is at-risk for harming him/herself, please contact one of these 24/7 emergency mental health hotlines for immediate support.
- Golden Wellness Binder And Other Wellness Resources!
Once again it is that time of year when Physical Education classes completes their Golden Wellness Binder. HERE (pdf) is a list of local community sites for physical fitness.
Office of Food and Nutrition Services
Wellness Brochure (pdf)
- Bring Your Own Device Registration Continues!
Students can register their devices in the front office, at the beginning of the school day, or during Power Time. Students are to turn in their Acceptance of Responsibility and Device Use Agreement Form in exchange for an "FCPS APPROVED" sticker for their device. Devices in use by students that have not been approved or are in use outside the classroom fall under the Student Rights & Responsibilities regulation and are subject to confiscation and will be returned to the parent.
To access the Acceptance of Responsibility and Device Use Agreement Form in multiple languages click HERE.
- HMS String Backpacks For Sale
Herndon MS will be selling red string backpacks. The string backpack can be used to transport textbooks and classroom supplies throughout the school day. We would love to see all of our students using these backpacks to securely take their school supplies from class to class. For more information click here (pdf).
Current Newsletters & Downloads
- 2014-2015 Supply List: The supply list for the upcoming school year is available HERE.
- The HMS School Improvement Plan can be found HERE.
- Recuerden de revisar la sección en Español para mantenerse informados sobre eventos y fechas importantes.
- Here is some information for families new to Fairfax County who want to register children for FCPS schools.
- Support Herndon Middle School through your purchases at Food Lion! The HMS code is: 219845.
- Students who want extra help have many after school opportunities to get it at HMS! Find out about all the wayswe are trying to help students succeed here at HMS.