Welcome To Herndon Middle School!
- HMS Reading Rally
To sign up to volunteer at the Reading Rally or to make cookies for the event, go to:
- Early Close
December 12th will be an early closing for staff development Herndon Middle School. Students will be released at 12:15. Staff development sessions can be found HERE.
- HMS iCan Bike Program Video
HMS will be hosting the iCan Bike program this week. This program helps students with special needs learn how to ride a bicycle.Click HERE to see a video with more details about the program.
- Two Service Learning Opportunities
Clearview PTA sponsors the annual Make It Take It event. Event runs from 6-8 pm on December 6th, but help is needed before for set up and after for clean up. During the event there is a table for each craft, which requires at least 2 volunteers per table to assist students with making the crafts themselves. Tables are organized by grade level, with the easier crafts earmarked for the K-3 students and the more difficult crafts for the 4-6 grade students. Click HERE for the event flyer. Contact the Event Coordinators who can send out a Sign Up Genius for the event:
Dranesville Elementary School is hosting a Make It Take It Event on December 6th from 6 – 8pm. We are looking for middle school student volunteers to help!
Please use this link to sign up: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0E4CA5AE2DA31-desmake
For any questions please contact Brenda Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring Your Own Device Registration Continues!
Students can register their devices in the front office, at the beginning of the school day, or during Power Time. Students are to turn in their Acceptance of Responsibility and Device Use Agreement Form in exchange for an "FCPS APPROVED" sticker for their device. Devices in use by students that have not been approved or are in use outside the classroom fall under the Student Rights & Responsibilities regulation and are subject to confiscation and will be returned to the parent.
To access the Acceptance of Responsibility and Device Use Agreement Form in multiple languages click HERE.
- Battle of the Books List 2014
It is here! The 2013-14 Battle of the Books list(pdf)- check it out and get a jumpstart on the competition! Check out the Annotated Book List, which gives a brief description for each book, HERE (pdf).
- HMS Yearbook on Sale
The Yearbook for the 2013-14 school year is on sale. The order form can be found HERE (pdf). The online order form can be found on the Parents page.
- HMS String Backbacks For Sale
Herndon MS will be selling red string backpacks. The string backpack can be used to transport textbooks and classroom supplies throughout the school day. We would love to see all of our students using these backpacks to securely take their school supplies from class to class. For more information click here (pdf).
Current Newsletters & Downloads
- 2013-2014 Supply List: The supply list for the upcoming school year is available HERE.
- The HMS School Improvement Plan can be found HERE.
- Recuerden de revisar la sección en Español para mantenerse informados sobre eventos y fechas importantes.
- Here is some information for families new to Fairfax County who want to register children for FCPS schools.
- Support Herndon Middle School through your purchases at Food Lion! The HMS code is: 219845.
- Students who want extra help have many after school opportunities to get it at HMS! Find out about all the wayswe are trying to help students succeed here at HMS.