Welcome To Herndon Middle School!
- HMS 2015 Battle of the Books List
- Locker Problem Request Form
Students with locker problems can give the Locker Problem Request Form (pdf) to their Hawk Time teacher. (See Learning Seminar on student schedule).
- Kiss and Ride Information
If you will drop your student off, please follow our Kiss and Ride procedures (pdf). Students may not be dropped off in front of the school and it is illegal to drop off students on Locust street. The Herndon police will ticket drivers and dropping off on the street is not safe for our students.
Attached you will find the Kiss and Ride directions map. (link attached map)
- HMS Schedule Rotation
The HMS schedule rotation (pdf) which shows our neutral days, odd days and even days, is available.
- HMS 2014-15 Supply List and Bell Schedule
- HMS Math Summer Packets
- HMS Summer Reading Letter & Challenge
- HMS 2014-15 Course Selection Sheets
- 2014-15 Reflections Program
Everyone deserves opportunities to explore and be involved in the arts. The National PTA Reflections program is PTA’s cornerstone arts program. It was developed in 1969 by Colorado’s PTA President Mary Lou Anderson to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Since then, the Reflections Program has inspired millions of students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork. Each year, students in Grades Pre-K through 12 are recognized for bringing the theme to life through dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. The theme for PTA’s 2014–15 Reflections Program is “The world would be a better place if…”. Take the summer to reflect on the program and start your work of art, entries will be due October 24, 2014. 8th grade students be sure to look into to the Reflections Program at your high school to see if they are participating for 2014/2015. For more information contact Craig Griffin at email@example.com
To learn more click HERE(pdf).
- Emergency Mental Health Hotline
If your child is at-risk for harming him/herself, please contact one of these 24/7 emergency mental health hotlines for immediate support.
- Golden Wellness Binder And Other Wellness Resources!
Once again it is that time of year when Physical Education classes completes their Golden Wellness Binder. HERE (pdf) is a list of local community sites for physical fitness.
Office of Food and Nutrition Services
Wellness Brochure (pdf)
- HMS String Backpacks For Sale
Herndon MS will be selling red string backpacks. The string backpack can be used to transport textbooks and classroom supplies throughout the school day. We would love to see all of our students using these backpacks to securely take their school supplies from class to class. For more information click here (pdf).
Current Newsletters & Downloads
- 2014-2015 Supply List: The supply list for the upcoming school year is available HERE.
- The HMS School Improvement Plan can be found HERE.
- Recuerden de revisar la sección en Español para mantenerse informados sobre eventos y fechas importantes.
- Here is some information for families new to Fairfax County who want to register children for FCPS schools.
- Support Herndon Middle School through your purchases at Food Lion! The HMS code is: 219845.
- Students who want extra help have many after school opportunities to get it at HMS! Find out about all the wayswe are trying to help students succeed here at HMS.