Welcome to Fox Mill ES!
- School resumes September 6, 2016. Have a wonderful and safe summer. See you in September.
- Kindergarten Playdate. Aug 19 2016, 9:00 AM, Fox Mill ES Playground. Come to this informal event to meet our Principal, Assistant Principal, and other kindergarten students and families!
- Meet our new Assistant Principal. Kathryn Greene brings instructional knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to Fox Mill ES. Ms. Greene started working for Fairfax County Public Schools in 1994 and has served as a classroom teacher, Gifted and Talented Specialist, Instructional Coach, Title 1 Math Coach, and Assistant Principal. She has successfully lead teacher teams in a variety of professional development sessions which have included Project Based Learning, Cognitive Guided Instruction in mathematics, and data dialogues. Ms. Greene received her B.A. in Sociology from Trinity College, Washington, DC, her M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction from George Mason University and her administrative endorsement from University of Virginia. She has one son who is a proud graduate of the South Lakes pyramid. Ms. Greene is looking forward to building relationships with the students, staff, and parent community of Fox Mill ES.
- 6th Grade Promotion Ceremony. Come join us for the Sixth Grade Promotion Ceremony on Tuesday, June 21, at 9:30 a.m. in the Fox Mill Cafeteria. Guests may enter through the side cafeteria doors (Door 10) beginning at 9:15 a.m. Keep in mind – we have limited space in our cafeteria so please only immediate family members are invited to attend. Siblings that attend Fox Mill will not be able to attend the promotion ceremony. Additional details to follow. Our sixth grade teachers are available to answer any questions you may have.
- SOL Testing Schedule has been posted. See SOL Test Schedule Link on the left.
- Kindergarten Round-Up Information 2016. The orientation meeting for parents of incoming kindergartners, our “Kindergarten Roundup”, will be held on Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 2:30 p.m. for parents only in the school cafeteria. Please follow this link to the Registration Page for more details and a link to a Survey of Preschool Children we need you to fill out.
- Sign up for News You Choose. This system replaces the Keep in Touch Plus subscription portal. Use this link to sign up: News You Choose
- PTA Membership Form (PDF Link to form). Please consider joining the PTA to support your student(s) and our school.
- Bell Schedule for 2015-2016. School begins at 8:45 am and dismisses at 3:30 pm. Doors will open at 8:30 am.
- Follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook: @FoxMillES (Twitter); Fox Mill Elementary School (Facebook).
- Flyers from Non-Profit Organizations. Fox Mill will send hard copy materials of nonprofit organizations to students’ homes twice during the year: on Tuesday, September 15 and Tuesday, February 9. Any organization wishing to present a flyer must submit it for principal approval by Tuesday, September 8 or Tuesday, February 2. All flyers shall include the following disclaimer: These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school.
- Day-by-day Literacy. See information on day by day literacy activities for parents with young children on Parents page.
- Kiss-and-Ride map links - Link
Stay Connected with Keep in Touch and Family Connection
Please refer to this web page on the Fairfax County site for information on how families can keep abreast of important information.