Welcome to Fox Mill ES!
- Rising 7th grade orientation at Carson. Parents of our current 6th graders are invited to attend the orientation for rising 7th graders on February 11 at 7 p.m. at Rachael Carson MS. See attached PDF for more details.
- Kindergarten Round-Up Information 2016. The orientation meeting for parents of incoming kindergartners, our “Kindergarten Roundup”, will be held on Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 2:30 p.m. for parents only in the school cafeteria. Please follow this link to the Registration Page for more details and a link to a Survey of Preschool Children we need you to fill out.
- New Communication Tool: Get the FCPS Information You Want Through News You Choose Fairfax County Public Schools is launching a new subscription-based e-mail communication tool, called News You Choose. This system replaces the Keep in Touch Plus subscription portal.
Anyone can subscribe to News You Choose. Subscribers can select which schools they want to receive information from and what type of information—news and updates, athletics, band, PTA-PTO, and more. Subscribers can change their settings or unsubscribe at any time. News You Choose does not replace the essential information FCPS communicates through Keep in Touch (KIT) Basic using the Blackboard Connect system. News You Choose (subscription link) will be available for users to begin subscribing later this month. FCPS will begin using News You Choose to send e-mails beginning in January 2016.
- 1st Grade Application to JI Program. Fox Mill will host an informational meeting for parents of rising first-graders who are interested in our Japanese immersion program. The meeting date is Wednesday, February 17, at 7:00 p.m. (snow date is 2/24/16 at 7:00 p.m. There will be a short application window, also not yet determined. Parents are encouraged to attend this informative meeting prior to submitting an application. See attached PDF for full details.
- PTA Membership Form (PDF Link to form). Please consider joining the PTA to support your student(s) and our school.
- Bell Schedule for 2015-2016. School begins at 8:45 am and dismisses at 3:30 pm. Doors will open at 8:30 am.
- Follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook: @FoxMillES (Twitter); Fox Mill Elementary School (Facebook).
- Flyers from Non-Project Organizations. Fox Mill will send hard copy materials of nonprofit organizations to students’ homes twice during the year: on Tuesday, September 15 and Tuesday, February 9. Any organization wishing to present a flyer must submit it for principal pproval by Tuesday, September 8 or Tuesday, February 2. All flyers shall include the following disclaimer: These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school.
- Day-by-day Literacy. See information on day by day literacy activities for parents with young children on Parents page.
- Kiss-and-Ride map links - Link
Stay Connected with Keep in Touch and Family Connection
Please refer to this web page on the Fairfax County site for information on how families can keep abreast of important information.