Welcome to Fox Mill ES!
- 6th Grade Class incubates and hatches ducklings! See them at this link. Day 1 hatchlings. Ducklings in the water.
- Video link from Matsuri (Japanese Children's Festival). See the video coverage from FCPS Cable TV.
- Corrected 2013-2014 School Year Student Placement Information
The Fox Mill Staff is looking forward to an excellent 2014/2015 school year, and we know you are too!
As we plan class placements for the upcoming year, we welcome your input about any special considerations for your child.
The most meaningful way to contribute ideas will be through expressing the characteristics a teacher would possess that you feel would bring out the best in your child. Teachers who may have historically taught one grade level may be taking on a new experience in the upcoming school year. In addition, teachers are increasingly working as teams to support student learning across the grade level. For these reasons, specific teacher requests would not provide the information necessary in communicating your ideal match for your child.
All input must be received on or before May 2, 2014.
To share information concerning your child’s class placement, please click on the link below. This link will take you to the Fox Mill Class Placement Input Survey. You will need to complete a separate survey for each of your children who attend Fox Mill. Once submitted, you will receive a pop up confirmation.
This site was specifically designed to assist Mrs. Devers when organizing parent requests.
Again, all input must be received on or before May 2nd.
- Follow-up to Kindergarten Orientation/Registration Enrollment Information for the 2014-2015 School Year--
During Kindergarten round up we discussed the opportunity to assess your rising Kindergartener before the 2014-2015 school year begins. On Monday, June 2 from 2:00-3:30 staff members will be assessing rising Kindergarten students at Fox Mill Elementary. This will be a ten-minute preliminary assessment of preschool skills including, but not limited to, the alphabet, number identification, counting, and fine motor skills. The results will be utilized in school only and will not be reported to parents. Though the test will take just ten minutes, please allow 15 minutes for transition time as parents will not be walking their children back to classrooms. For those of you who are unable to attend there will NOT be a make-up date, instead your student will be assessed in September upon arrival to Kindergarten. We encourage every child to come to be assessed as the information will be a tremendous source of help for us next year. To sign up please click on the link on the fox mill website and write your name/email in the sign up slot provided. Use this link to sign-up for a Kindergarten Pre-Assessment for your child. (Please follow this link for more details about registration.)
- Bus Schedule for 2013-14 (PDF) format..
- Flyers from nonprofit organizations will be sent home in Tuesday folders on Tuesday, January 21, 2014. Nonprofit organizations that want to make their materials available to Fox Mill students and parents should submit a flyer to the office for the principal’s approval by Tuesday, January 14, 2014.
- See information on day by day literacy activities for parents with young children on Parents page.
- Bring your own device (BYOD) to school policy
at Fox Mill (pdf)
Electronic Device Permission Form (pdf)
- Kiss-and-Ride map links - Link
Stay Connected with 24-7 ParentView
If you have not yet signed up for a Parent View account, giving you access to your child's / children's online course, plus the ability to update emergency care cards and access to the Fox Mill Parent Information online website, please read this letter to start the process for creating your account.