Welcome to Fox Mill ES!
- Taiko Drumming. Thanks to the JI Program at Fox Mill and a Sakura Grant from the Japan Commerce Association of Washington DC, all students were treated to a Japanese cultural demonstration of Taiko Drumming. Notable artist Mark H. Rooney showed the students a variety of drums and the energetic style in which they are played. See hightlights on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/2S9bler95sE Mr. Rooney is coming back to Fox Mill to teach drumming! Sign up for a free one-hour after school workshop on Tuesday, December 8th or 15th. Space is limited! Here is the Registration Form (PDF).
- Speak Up Survey. Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is participating in Speak Up, a national online survey about the use of technology in schools. The information collected will help policy makers at the local, state, and national levels, as well as the business community, contribute to the national dialogue about science, technology, and preparing students for the 21st century workforce. FCPS will be participating in the survey from November 30, 2015 – December 18, 2015. The online survey is open to K-12 students, teachers, staff, and parents. This voluntary survey takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. We encourage everyone to participate in the survey. Please visit http://goo.gl/4WvMAk to take the survey. Additional resources to help promote the survey are available at this site: http://goo.gl/4WvMAk. For more information about the survey, visit http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup.
- 3D Printing at Fox Mill! We would like to thank Troika Solutions (http://www.troikasol.com), Bill Black, Bob Appleton, and Ken Lasure for their generous contribution to helping us inspire young minds with this new technology. To see our new printer in action, visit us here on YouTube.
- PTA Membership Form (PDF Link to form). Please consider joining the PTA to support your student(s) and our school.
- Bell Schedule for 2015-2016. School begins at 8:45 am and dismisses at 3:30 pm. Doors will open at 8:30 am.
- Follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook: @FoxMillES (Twitter); Fox Mill Elementary School (Facebook).
- Flyers from Non-Project Organizations. Fox Mill will send hard copy materials of nonprofit organizations to students’ homes twice during the year: on Tuesday, September 15 and Tuesday, February 9. Any organization wishing to present a flyer must submit it for principal approval by Tuesday, September 8 or Tuesday, February 2. All flyers shall include the following disclaimer: These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school.
- How to enroll your rising 1st grader into the Japanese Immersion program. See details on this PDF. Click on this link to go directly to the registration link.
- Day-by-day Literacy. See information on day by day literacy activities for parents with young children on Parents page.
- Kiss-and-Ride map links - Link
Stay Connected with Keep in Touch and Family Connection
Please refer to this web page on the Fairfax County site for information on how families can keep abreast of important information.