Welcome to Floris Elementary!
The future of Floris Elementary is to foster life-long learning in a setting that promotes intellect, cultural inclusion, leadership and the building of positive relationships. The dedicated staff at Floris foster individual growth and learning in a respectful, safe, and supportive environment.
At Floris, we believe in:
- Treating all people with kindness, courtesy and respect
- Promoting cultural inclusiveness and responsible citizenship
- Encouraging student success through Responsive Classroom
- Including students with disabilities in general education classes
- Identifying and supporting students for intervention and enrichment
- Providing the opportunity for all students to further develop creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Integrating technology into the curriculum
- Building reading skills through a balanced literacy approach
- Promoting effective communication
- Providing foreign language instruction through FLES (Foreign Language in the Elementary School)
- Fostering a love of learning