It’s time to order a yearbook! Yearbook envelopes are coming home in the Wednesday Folder. The cost is $18.00 and checks are made payable to SPLENDID PORTRAITS. Online ordering is also an option and will be available from January 27th through March 18th. Go to www.splendidportraits.com . Click on “Buy your yearbook”. Then choose our school. Don’t wait! Order your yearbook now!
Family Movie Night
All Oak Hill Families and staff are invited to our Family Movie Night on February 19th at 6:30 pm. We will be showing Hotel Transylvania 2. Please RSVP by clicking on the link below. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040e44a4aa229-family
Oak Hill vs Lees Corner 6th Grade Basketball Game
- The game is on March 11th, 6:00 pm at Chantilly HS.
- Pre-order your shirts and tickets online beginning February 1st!!!
T-shirts are $8 each (T-Shirt online order deadline is February 12th)
- Tickets are $4/person or $15/family ($5 at the door)
- Ticket online order deadline is February 19th
- Tickets and t-shirts (while supplies last) will also be available before school during the week of March 7th
- Pre-order your tickets and t-shirts online at www.oakhillpta.org and click on the Family Events tab
- · ALL OAK HILL 6TH GRADE PARTICIPATING STUDENTS (BAND, PLAYER, CHEERLEADER) ARE ADMITTED FREE TO THE GAME.
- · ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT, INCLUDING STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME.
- VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED! Please sign up at www.signupgenius.com/go/508094eadaa292-oakhill1
Child Safety Presentation
Office Twombly from the Fairfax County Police Department will present a child safety assembly for students on February 10 at Oak Hill. View his presentation and video resources here. http://www.kidsmartz.org/Videos
AAP Parent Information
The deadline for submitting parent referral forms and any supporting documentation for referrals or 2nd grade pool files is COB, January 15, 2016. All files should be submitted to Mrs. Wheeler at Oak Hill. Letters will be sent to families of students in the 2nd grade pool soon. We are still waiting for test scores to arrive at the school; however, information from the testing office indicates that CogAt score reports will be available on SIS by the end of this week. If you would like your child to be screened for Level IV, please do not wait for test scores to begin the paperwork for the file.
On January 12 and 13, Mrs. Wheeler will hold mini conferences to review information you have gathered for your file and to address any questions you may have. Here is a link for a sign up genius if you would like to schedule a conference: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C084CA4A92AA0FC1-mini1
If you have any questions about the referral/screening process, please email Mrs. Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presentation-December 9, 2015
Rachel Carson Orientation
All parents should make sure they have activated their SIS account so they can access information about your child's attendance, performance, and demographic information. Beginning August 2015 if you have a Parent View account in Blackboard you must use your SIS credentials to log into Parent View. More information...
Important TDAP Information for Rising 6th Graders
All rising 6th graders MUST have evidence of a TDAP vaccination on file at the school. More Information...
For Your Information
Parent Handbook 15/16 (PDF)
Birthday Treat Policy (PDF)
Pre-Arranged Absence Request
For those families who are requesting prearranged absences for their children, FCPS now has a form for parents to complete before the absences occur. Please find the form at the link here:
http://www.fcps.edu/it/forms/se291.pdf . When plans are made, please fill out the form as soon as possible and return to your student’s teacher. One form is needed for each student. You still need to inform your teacher and the attendance line by email of the student’s absence.
Staffing and Projections for 15-16
- Enrollment Projection as of 8/14/15
- Class Size Projection as of 8/7/15
Staffing and Projections for 14-15
- Staffing-August 26
- Staffing Projection 8/4/14
- Enrollment Projection 8/4/14
- Enrollment Projection SPED 8/4/14
- Staffing Projection 7/2/14
- Staffing Projection 6/6/14
- Enrollment Projections 6/6/14 Part 1
- Enrollment Projections 6/6/14 Part 2
- Staffing Projections-May
- Enrollment Projections-May
- Enrollment Projections Part 2-May