Welcome to Franklin Middle School!
Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) is entering a multi-year transformation to align our classroom instruction with our goal for all students - Portrait of a Graduate. This transformation is called FCPSOn and will ensure that all students have access to an active and inspiring learning environment.
Technology will be an important component of this transformation - allowing teachers to personalize different learning activities for students.
Franklin Middle School, along with all schools in the Chantilly Pyramid will be participating in the Phase One pilot of this work. View the forms here to learn more about this information. **PLEASE TURN IN FCPSOn STUDENT DEVICE ACCEPTANCE FORM ASAP TO THE FRONT OFFICE.**
UPDATE - FCPSOn Principal Letter
**IMPORTANT BACK TO SCHOOL DOCUMENTS CLICK HERE**
Franklin Flyover Information 2016-2017
- Packet Pickup August 25th through September 2nd 8am to 2pm
- Student Orientation September 1st 9am to noon
- No returning 8th graders may attend. If you are a new 8th grade student to Franklin you may attend
- Transportation provided- buses depart local elementary schools at 8:30am
- Students should bring schedules
- Students will return to local elementary schools at noon
- Student Locker Night September 1st 3pm to 5pm
- All 7th and 8th grade students and their parents may locate and practice opening their lockers.
- Students may bring their school supplies and place them in their lockers at this time.
- Students must be accompanied by their parent to attend Locker Afternoon.
- The clinic aide will be available to receive medications with proper documentation.
- The cafeteria manager will also be available to have money placed on student accounts.
If you have questions or concerns, please call 703-904-5100 or email TWyne@fcps.edu
A Supply List for 2016-2017 school year is available here
Information and News of Interest
Stay connected with FMS! We can be found at FCPSFranklinMS on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and we encourage parents to "like" or follow us.Follow @FCPSFranklinMS
PTA Membership Information
Parents, please visit the Parents page for information about membership in the PTA and various other resources available to you.
Franklin Jump Start is a week-long introductory program (August 15th-19th) offering our rising 7th graders the opportunity to boost their literacy and numeracy skills, enjoy structured P.E. activities, and benefit from a “jump start” on the new school year. Students will be provided with a variety of activities to familiarize themselves with the middle school setting, and advanced opportunities to learn the “nuts and bolts” of the middle school experience before Franklin’s doors open in September. For more program information and registration guidelines please click here.
Please click here for a registration form, or beginning July 8, registration forms can be picked up at Franklin Middle School during summer business hours (9am - 2pm). Registration is limited to 100 participants, and all completed forms and accompanying fees should be returned to Franklin Middle School. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Lesson at email@example.com.
The schools in the Chantilly Pyramid with the support of the Chantilly Pyramid Literacy Team are excited to be working together to present the Chantilly READS Challenge!
The reading challenge is open to all K-12 students and staff members. Students and staff will log their individual reading minutes using a Google form. Our goal is to read 5,000,000 minutes from March 2016 through February 2017.
The Chantilly READS Challenge link below can be used to enter and track reading minutes:
SIS Parent Accounts
ACCESSING GRADES/INTERIMS/REPORT CARDS/SCHEDULES IN PARENT VUE:
SIGN UP FOR PARENT VUE: Sign-up for Parent Vue/Parent SIS account to access gradebook and real-time scheduling information for your child here.
The latest edition of the Kiteline is available here.
Awards and Recognitions
Franklin Middle School is the proud recipient of the 2013 Board of Education Distinguished Achievement Award.
FMS Custodial Staff was recently honored with the distinction of Custodial Staff of the Year, 2012-13, and a Certificate of Recognition for outstanding building and grounds maintenance, 2012-13.
NJHS Service Hours
Please click here for the service record form.
Curious about the Nutrition Program in Fairfax County?
Please visit the following links to learn more about FCPS Food Services.
- FCPS Food and Nutrition Services, http://www.fcps.edu/fs/food/
- FCPS Wellness Policy for Students, http://www.fcps.edu/fs/food/documents/wellnessbrochure.pdf
Reminder! All visitors to the building must report directly to the main office upon arrival.
Mental Health Resource Information