ERFC New Hire Information
Learn about your ERFC retirement benefit
Welcome to FCPS!
If you are a full-time educational, administrative or support employee, ERFC is your supplemental defined benefit retirement plan. Your ERFC retirement benefit supplements the primary benefits you will earn from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) and Social Security.
You are a member of the ERFC 2001 PlanTier 2
Plan participation is mandatory for all eligible FCPS employees and you will contribute 3% of your salary per paycheck. Once you have earned five years of vesting service, you will be eligible for a lifetime retirement benefit.
Understand ERFC in 3 minutes
Things to do
Enroll in ERFC Direct
|Establish online access to your Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
Learn about the VRS Hybrid Plan: http://www.varetirement.org/hybrid.html
Contact your ICMA-RC representative for information about your VRS Hybrid Plan defined contribution component or to increase your voluntary contribution:
|Create a “my Social Security” account and view your statements.|
ERFC 2001 Plan Tier 2 Forms and Documents
· Authorization to Discuss Member Information ERFC31
· Beneficiary Designation ERFC1
· Beneficiary Designation - Continuation ERFC1A
· Benefit Payment Options - 2001 Plan ERFC25B
· Durable Power of Attorney ERFC38
· Name / Address Change Form for Inactive Members ERFC29A
· Retirement Checklist for members ERFC41
· Request for Estimates of Retirement Benefits for ERFC-2001 and/or VRS Members ERFC7B
Employee benefits questions?
Contact FCPS HR: firstname.lastname@example.org