Falls Church High School Library
Monday 6:45 – 2:30
Tuesday 6:45 – 4:00
Wednesday 6:45 – 4:00
Thursday 6:45 – 4:00
Friday 6:45 – 2:30
While in the library:
- Be doing something productive.
- Be doing it in a way that allows others to be productive.
- Be respectful of other people and property.
To access the library’s resources, please click on a button below.
See your FCHS librarians for assistance.
Policies and Procedures
Visiting the Library
- During school hours students are required to arrive with a pass and sign in on the computer.
- Before and after school students do not need a pass, but please sign in on the computer.
- To check-out books students must know their student ID number.
- Students may have up to 5 books checked-out at a time.
- Most books are due in 3 weeks. Books may be renewed unless there is a "hold" on it. Just talk to the library staff. You do not need the book with you to renew it. Overdue books are $.10 per day.
- Reference books may be checked out overnight. They may not be renewed. Overdue reference books are $1 per day.
- Magazines do not circulate. Old editions of magazines are placed on the table when you enter the library. They are free.
Computers and Printers
- Students may use the computers in accordance with the FCPS Acceptable Use Policy. Please do not stream music or video unless it is assigned by a teacher. No video games are permitted. Email for academic purposes is encouraged.
- Black & white and color printing are available in the library. Please refer to the printing guidelines located next to each computer.
Food & Cell Phones
- Drinks & snacks may be consumed at tables. Please do not bring them to computer areas. Be mindful of your trash.
- The library is a green cell phone area for quiet functions only. Please take all phone calls outside.