Making sure that FCPS students and families can access FCPS benefits and services without fear of having their data disclosed to federal immigration officials.
Our commitment is to provide a safe, welcoming, and inclusive space to all students and their families.
The Trust Policy confirms the School Board’s commitment to providing a safe and welcoming space for all students and their families. It aligns with Fairfax County’s Public Trust and Confidentiality Policy to ensure that FCPS students and families can access FCPS benefits and services without the fear that information will be disclosed, directly or indirectly, to federal immigration officials.
The School Board affirms that:
- Every student has the right to attend school, and access all resources therein, in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Students’ physical safety and emotional well-being are paramount to their ability to achieve in school.
- FCPS families and students should feel that schools and classrooms are safe, inviting, and inclusive, regardless of immigration status.
- A safe and inviting environment would be disrupted by the presence of immigration agents or ICE enforcement activities. Such activities create a climate of fear and stress that would impact all students.
- Every FCPS site is a safe place for its students and families to seek help, assistance, and information.
- FCPS employees are responsible for protecting the privacy of students and families and shall not disclose personally identifiable information except in limited, circumstances as outlined in Policies 2202 and 4220.
If you have questions about the Trust Policy, please email [email protected] for questions.