Strategic Planning Community Forums
Excellence, Equity, and Opportunity
Translate this page
Virtual Community Forums
Since last fall, thousands of students, staff, families, and community members have contributed to the strategic planning process by participating in focus groups, planning teams, community forums, and surveys.
Please join us for a virtual community forum to share your thoughts on the progress of this work, including the first draft of proposed goals for the new Strategic Plan. By participating, your input will help us know whether we are headed in the right direction–one that will help ensure a thriving future for each and every FCPS student.
Click on one of the dates below to register for a virtual forum:
We hope you will join us and continue this important work.
Previous Community Forums
Thank you to the more than 350 parents, students, staff, and community members who joined us for our strategic planning community forums in late January and early February.
Previous In-Person and Virtual Community Forums
- January 30 (Stone Middle School)
- January 31 (Lake Braddock SS)
- February 1 (Marshall HS)
- February 2 (Mason Crest ES)
- February 4 (Spring Hill ES)
- February 6 (Edison HS)
- February 7 (South County HS)
- February 8 - Spanish (Virtual)
- February 9 (Virtual)
- February 11 (Virtual)
- February 15 (West Springfield HS)
- February 16 (Hunters Woods ES)
Information for Community Forum Participants
Strategic Planning - Community Forum Presentation
Strategic Planning - Goals Database
Potential areas of emphasis regarding outcomes for student learning and achievement.
Strategic Planning - Community Forum Data Packet
Student voice and student surveys.
What to Expect:
- Participants will review student achievement, access, and perception data, and identify both strengths and challenges within the data.
- Working in small groups, participants will use research-based goals as a framework to turn their observations into recommended goals for the Strategic Plan that are focused on how we can best serve our students in the future.
- Participants will identify the one guarantee they would like FCPS to make regarding our students’ education.
- Input from the Community Forums will be analyzed by our consultant, Performance Fact, Inc., and shared with the Core Planning Team for potential inclusion in FCPS’ new Strategic Plan.
Email us at [email protected].