Health, Mental Health, and Community Resources
Information on health, including mental health, medical care, and other community resources is available
Mental and Physical Health and Community Resources
Concern over the virus can make children and families anxious. While there is uncertainty about the spread of the disease in the US, acknowledging the level of concern in any family member is appropriate. The resources below will help you help children cope with anxiety by providing accurate prevention information and facts without causing undue alarm. School counselors are the first point of contact for any academic, personal, or social-emotional concerns.
If you are in need of assistance, please call Fairfax County's Coordinated Services Planning (CSP) at 703-222-0880. The multi lingual staff can assist with any difficulties you are facing - including food, shelter, employment, financial assistance, healthcare and other needs.
What you should know:
To take care of your child(ren) during the COVID-19 outbreak;
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource available in Korean, Chinese, Amharic, and Spanish
To take care of yourself during COVID-19 outbreak:
Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 - available in Chinese
To get medical care for your family:
- Partnership for Healthier Kids - is designed to identify uninsured children and adults and connect them to an appropriate and affordable source of quality healthcare services through programs like Medicaid, CHIP and free or low-cost medical care coverage programs for children and adults.
- Health Works for Northern Virginia - HealthWorks provides excellent and affordable medical, dental and behavioral health care for patients from all backgrounds, of all ages and of all incomes.
- Neighborhood Health - Neighborhood Health provides accessible, high quality, and patient-centered primary care to patients in Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax County.
- Fairfax County Health Department Contacts | Fairfax County Health Department Contacts - Spanish
- Inova Cares Clinic for Families (ICCF) - provides comprehensive primary care services to patients who reflect our culturally diverse community. ICCF serve as medical homes for patients of all ages who qualify for Medicaid, FAMIS, Inova’s Financial Assistance Program, or are uninsured.
- Medical Assess Urgent Care - Internal Medicine, Primary Care, Urgent Care Centers & Occupational Medicine located in Germantown, MD, Alexandria, VA & Woodbridge, VA
- Nova Patient Care - Offers primary care and walk-in services
- Personic Health Care - Covid-19 drive through testing sites
- PM Pediatrics Urgent Care - Specialized Care for Children & Young Adults
- CVS Minute Clinic
Get Help or Give HelpThese community based resources - organized by areas within Fairfax County - offer assistance to students and families. Under each organization is information on how to GET help as well as GIVE help.
- American School Counselor Association
- The Virginia Department of Social Services has launched COVID-19 Virginia Resources, a new mobile app and website designed to operate as a one-stop resource to access benefits, services and critical COVID-19-related programs Virginians need most right now.
- Curative Kiosk - COVID Testing Only
- Fairfax County Government Prevention Toolkit
- Fairfax County Health Department Low Cost Healthcare Resources
- Fairfax County provides a map with resources including food, healthcare, lodging, grocery stores with senior hours, donation options and more.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center
- Healthy Minds Fairfax
- Helping Children and Teens Cope with Anxiety About COVID-19 from Seattle's Children's
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus from PBS KIDS
- Parent Support Line - 703-324-7720
- Parenting Education Programs | Virtual Parent Cafe
- Combined Fairfax County Resources English | Spanish
- Healthy Minds
- Mental Health and Resiliency
- Mental Health Resources and Emergency Services
- Respite Care for People with Disabilities
- Safe at Home: Do you or your child feel unsafe at home?
- Student Wellness: Tips and Strategies
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus from the Child Mind Institute
- Virginia Department of Health - Resources and Support for COVID-19
- Virginia Department of Education
- Walgreens - Vaccines and COVID Testing only
Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources - Amharic
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources - Arabic
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources - Chinese
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources - Farsi
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources - Korean
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources - Spanish
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources - Urdu
- Fairfax County Neighborhood Health Resources - Vietnamese