Early Literacy Program for Korean Speaking Families
The Early Literacy Program is a free, interactive parent and child program. Parents learn school-readiness strategies to prepare their child for future school success.
Parents are able to help their children develop essential early literacy skills at home and gain confidence in their own ability to become active partners in their children's education. The program provides information and resources on how parents can establish a positive home-school connection by:
- Understanding the important role parents play as their child's first teachers.
- Recognizing behavioral and academic expectations of Fairfax County Public Schools.
- Becoming familiar with school programs and services such as: interpreters, parent liaisons, health and nutrition services, library services, enrichment programs and before and after school care.
- Parents receive a certificate of participation upon completion of the program, as well as books and other materials.
Classes begin in October and meet twice a week for 9.5 weeks.
Class Schedule Fall 2021-22
Tuesday and Thursday Classes
Classes that meet on Tuesday and Thursday start October 5, 2021:
- Class 1: 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Class 2: 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Class 3: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Class 4: noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Class 5: 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Class 6: 1:30 to 3 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday Classes
Classes that meet on Wednesday and Friday start October 1, 2021:
- Class 7: 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Class 8: 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Class 9: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Class 10: noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Class 11: 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Class 12: 1:30 to 3 p.m.
This program is for Fairfax County residents only. Proof of residency will be verified on the first day of class.
- When registering one child, a child has to be at least two years of age by September 30, 2021.
- Base schools can be looked up in the Boundary Locator
How to Apply
- Open and download the application form
- Fill out participant information
- Send the application form by email as attachment to email@example.com.
Applications can be faxed to 703-204-4346 or mailed to:
Korean Early Literacy Program
Family and School Partnerships
2334 Gallows Road
Dunn Loring, VA 22027