Employee Wellness Classes in FCPS School Facilities
FCPS allows employee wellness classes to occur in our facilities.
Get fit at work! Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) allows employee wellness classes to occur in our facilities.
- All wellness instructors (including FCPS staff members) who charge for their services are subject to rental fees per School Board Regulation 8420 and Notice 8420.
- You are responsible for providing a copy of Attachment F from Regulation 8420 to those who participate.
- Only FCPS employees can participate. If a class is open to the public, then the standard rental fee structure will apply.
- If you are not already an Organization Event Coordinator (OEC) for our online system, Community Use, please follow the process on our Community Use of School Facilities webpage to become an OEC. Once you are approved, you can submit your request through Community Use.
- Proof of liability insurance showing liability coverage of $1 million minimum for each occurrence and $2 million general aggregate is required. The certificate must also show Fairfax County Public School Board, 8115 Gatehouse Road, Suite 3200, Falls Church VA 22042, as an additional insured and the certificate holder. The certificate must be received directly from your insurer, and can be faxed to 571-423-2347.
- When entering your use, please try to get it all on one schedule for each semester. If you are using more than one day of the week, use the Recurring Schedule option. This helps avoid confusion when invoicing.
- After your request is approved by the school, you will receive an invoice via email. If you do not receive your invoice, please contact the Community Use Section office at 571-423-2340.
- Rental fees for wellness classes are $50 per day of the week, per semester, per school (per Notice 8420). For example, a class held on Tuesdays and Fridays will be charged $100 (2 days per week x $50 per day) for that semester, and another $100 for the next semester.
- Semesters for schools are:
|First Semester||September through January|
|Second Semester||February through end of school year|
|Summer Semester||End of school year through first day of school|
- Semesters for administrative centers are:
|First Semester||September through December|
|Second Semester||January through April|
|Summer Semester||May through August|
- Payment must be received by the Community Use Section at least 10 business days prior to the start of your use.
For more information, visit the Community Use of School Facilities webpage. You may also call 571-423-2340 or fax 571-423-2347.