Get a replacement of your diploma
About getting a replacement diploma:
- The process may take up to 45 days.
- Cost: $15.
- The replacement will have the current FCPS diploma layout with the year of student's graduation.
- This is not an exact copy of the diploma given on the day of graduation. It is a reprint and will be marked "Replacement".
General Education Diploma (GED)
What I need to provide:
- Provide one proof of identity:
- Unexpired Driver's License
- Unexpired Government Issued Photo ID
- Student's full name (as it was when attending school).
- Student's date of birth.
- Date of graduation (must have graduated).
- FCPS School Name.
- The signature of either the parent or legal guardian, or the student depending on the student’s age.
The cost for replacement is $15.00 each.
- Check (Payable to FCPS)
- Moneyorder (Payable to FCPS)
- Credit/Debit Card – Online ordering only
How to Request a Replacement Diploma:
Use our Online Request Service to order a replacement diploma.
Mail-in Request Form
Fill out the Mail-in Replacement Diploma Request Form.
Send completed form along with a copy of an unexpired proof of identity (driver's license or other U.S. government issued ID) and contact phone number to the following address:
- Graduation was less than 5 years ago
Send form with "Attention: Registrar" in address to the graduating school. Find the school's address in the FCPS Schools Directory
- Graduation was 5 years ago or more
Fairfax County Public Schools
3701 Franconia Road
Alexandria, VA 22310
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - In Person
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (703) 329-7741
Transcripts are the school records that document a student’s attendance, classes taken, and grades earned during each school year.