Naviance Student (Formerly known as Family Connection) - Getting Started
Instructions for using Naviance Student
Naviance Student supports academic and career planning for middle and high school students. Only parents with middle or high school students will see student names in the Naviance Student module.
Please note that Naviance Student is a part of FCPS 24-7 Learning : Parent View. In order to log into Parent View it is necessary to have an active SIS Parent Account. Once the SIS Parent Account is created the same log in credentials will also work for FCPS 24-7 Learning : Parent View.
After logging into FCPS 24-7, locate the Naviance Student module and click on the appropriate student’s name to access Naviance Student for that student.
A “Welcome to Naviance Student!” page will pop up. If the computer has pop up blockers activated, the window will not show. The pop up blockers will have to be inactivated on the computer to view Naviance Student.
To change a parent email address in Naviance Student follow these steps:
- Login to SIS Parent
- Click on the My Account tab
- Update the Primary Email
- Click on the Update Account button
- Log into FCPS 24-7 Learning http://fcps.blackboard.com/
- Click on student's name under Naviance Student
Email will now be received as the new email address for Family Connection. All steps must be completed or the email address in Naviance Student will not be updated.
To verify this in Naviance Student:
- Click on the "about me" tab
- Click on the "my profile" link
Things to remember when using Naviance Student
- If you click on a student name and receive an error message, please enter a Parent Support ticket here.
- Should you have questions about the data, please contact the student’s counselor for additional information.