Virtual Program Enrollment
Information on the Virtual Program enrollment process for the 2021-2022 School Year
Eligibility for Virtual Program enrollment is determined on the basis of a health/medical certification of need submitted by a licensed physician, nurse practitioner, psychiatrist, or a licensed clinical psychologist. More information about program eligibility is available on the Virtual Program webpage.
Families will be required to submit a COVID-19 Health Eligibility Form that must include a healthcare provider’s documentation of the student’s health/medical diagnosis that require accommodations for learning in a virtual environment. This form is available in Amharic(አማርኛ), Arabic(), Chinese(), English, Farsi(), Korean(), Spanish(), Urdu (), and Vietnamese().This form must be fully completed, including parental permission to contact the treating healthcare provider, for the student to be considered for the Virtual Program.
If a parent/guardian has a hardship and is unable to access a medical provider, school staff (social worker, school counselor, or parent liaison) will work with the family to connect them with the appropriate resources. Please contact your school for more support.
- View Health and Community Resources
- List of Low Cost Healthcare Resources in Northern Virginia
from the Fairfax County Health Department
The Virtual Program Enrollment Application window closed May 28.
Applications submitted after May 28 will be considered for the following reasons:
- Students new to Fairfax County Public Schools
- Families with delayed access to healthcare providers during the original application window
- Families without health care access
If a student develops a new qualifying medical condition after the application deadline, they may submit an application at that time or may be served through the Homebound Program, if applicable.
Submitting the COVID-19 Health Eligibility Form
- Parents/guardians access the COVID-19 Health Eligibility form and, from May 17 - May 28, submit it directly to the FCPS Virtual Enrollment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. The COVID-19 Health Eligibility Form is available in Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, Korean, Spanish, Urdu, and Vietnamese. The parent/guardian will complete and sign the top portion of the form, and the medical provider will complete and sign the bottom portion. Hard copy forms may be requested from your school.
- The Virtual Enrollment Team acknowledges receipt of the documentation in the Student Information System (SIS).
- After documentation is in SIS, the following business day the enrolling parent may submit an online Virtual Program Enrollment Application.
Instructions on how to submit an online Virtual Program Enrollment Application
Parents must have a Student Information System (SIS) Parent Account to submit an online Virtual Program Enrollment Application. To create an account, please contact your child’s school to obtain an activation key and directions. Once the SIS Parent Account registration process is completed, full access to SIS Parent Account login is restricted to only the parents with students in the current school year. It may appear that the account is disabled; however, access to the online Virtual Program Enrollment Application is allowed.
An enrolling parent is defined as the parent who originally registered the child for school and who meets the requirements described in Section V of Fairfax County School Board Regulation 2240. A virtual enrollment request must be made by the enrolling parent.
FCPS uses the enrolling parent’s residence to determine the student’s base school and the student’s mailing address.
Notification of Decision
When the health/medical review process is completed, the FCPS virtual enrollment specialist will notify the enrolling parent of the approval or denial decision by email to the primary email address. The school of enrollment will also be notified.
Virtual Program Enrollment Application*For best performance use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari and turn off private browsing.
- If you have questions or need support with your online application, please contact your school's registrar/student information assistant or email the FCPS student virtual enrollment specialist at VirtualEnrollment@fcps.edu.
- Parent Information Phone Lines are available to parents who do not speak English as their first language.
- Parent IT Support Portal
- Community Liaisons provide families with information about school and community services offered in Fairfax County. They also help parents fill out forms and complete applications.
- Parent Resource Center