TJHSST Freshman Summer Application Process
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) Admissions
- Eighth-grade students who become residents of a participating school division after September 30, 2019, are eligible to apply to TJHSST during a Summer Round of admissions provided that they are residing in, and enrolled in, a participating school division before April 10, 2020. Unlike the Freshman Winter Round, Summer Round applicants submit all application materials by the April 10 application deadline.
- All materials must be submitted online by the listed deadline.
Eighth-grade students who lived in any participating school division before September 30, 2019, are not eligible to apply through Summer Round.
Freshman Summer Round Decisions
- The evaluation and selection process for Summer Round is the same as the Winter Round process, but is compressed into a one-month timeframe. Therefore, all required materials (including grades and teacher recommendations) need to be submitted with the application.
- By regulation, we are required to have seats available for students who apply during the Summer Round admissions process. Summer Round applicants must be rated comparably to students accepted for admission during the Winter Round of admissions in order to be offered admission to TJHSST in the summer.
Important Dates for Summer Round, Class of 2024
- March 16, 2020 - Summer Round Applications available after 4:00 p.m.
- April 10, 2020 - APPLICATION DEADLINE
- April 27, 2020 - Test Day (UPDATE: March 30, 2020. Our testing dates, April 27 and 28, may need to be changed due to closure mandates for schools. We are exploring virtual testing options to replace the face-to-face administration of our admissions exams. We will update you as new information becomes available.)
- April 28, 2020 - Essay/SIS Administration
- June 26, 2020 - Summer Round admissions decisions posted
Freshman Summer Round ApplicationClick here to access the freshman summer application portal.
Freshman Winter Application Process
Eighth-grade students who live full time with a parent or legal guardian in a participating school division prior to September 30, 2019, are eligible to apply during the Winter Round of admissions. Important Dates for 2019-2020 are posted!
Semifinalists are determined using grade point average (GPA) and Admission Test Percentiles