January 7 Letter on Health Screening Commitment Form
Parents/Guardians Must Acknowledge Agreement Prior to Students Returning
As students return to school, parents/guardians will be asked to acknowledge a Health Screening Commitment form before their student(s) return to school buildings. This document indicates the parent or guardian’s agreement and commitment to completing a daily health screening prior to sending the student to school and also to keep sick students at home.
Parents/guardians who have indicated that their child will attend in-school instruction must provide their commitment before their student(s) return to school buildings. You have two options to provide your response. You may provide commitment electronically in ParentVUE (PVUE), or via hard copy.
Responding Electronically in PVUE:
- All parents who have indicated their child will attend in-school instruction will have access to this information in PVUE by January 4. Parents/guardians may access the document in their preferred language and will receive reminders in PVUE until the form has been submitted.
- Student Information System (SIS) PVUE is an essential tool for parents/guardians to keep up with their student’s attendance, grade book assignments and grades, report cards, and more. If you have not yet created a PVUE account, please reach out to the Student Information Assistant (SIA) or Registrar at your school and you will be provided an activation code.
- Details on what can be found in PVUE and how to activate a new PVUE account using your activation code can be found at: https://www.fcps.edu/resources/technology/student-information-system-sis-fcps/sis-parent-account-overview.
Responding on a Paper Form:
- If you do not have a PVUE account, you may provide your commitment on a hardcopy form.
- You will find the commitment form and all translated versions at https://www.fcps.edu/return-school/student-health-and-safety-guidance-document.
- You may also reach out to the front office in your school to request the form be sent to you.
One parent/guardian must acknowledge the commitment one time prior to their child coming to school in-person. Students whose parent/guardian have not returned a signed the Parent/Guardian Health Screening Commitment form will be required to complete a health screening and have their temperature taken daily by school staff until the form is received. Once one parent has completed the Health Screening Commitment form, the form will no longer appear in SIS ParentVue for any related parent.
Thank you for partnering with Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) as we work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Fairfax County Public Schools