Important Message from Fairfax County Public SchoolsDue to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, schools and offices in Fairfax County remain closed, however we are available for a limited amount of services on a request only basis. Please call your school prior to visiting to see if they are allowing the public to make appointments. The Document Management office continues to respond to requests for alumni student records submitted during this time, however:
- The service may take longer if requesting services delivered through the U.S. mail. The U.S. postal service is asking for patience due to unprecedented volume increases and limited employee availability due to COVID. FCPS recommends requesting customers request e-delivery of their transcripts for timely receipt.
- Pick-up options are only available two days a week. An appointment must be set up ahead of time. COVID-19 questions will be asked before visitors are allowed in the building.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this unusual time.
A Graduation Verification is an official letter that proves that a former FCPS student has completed the requirements for graduation. To obtain a letter from FCPS Document Management, the former FCPS student needs to have been out of school for more than 5 years.
In addition to students, corporations or other verification companies may request a graduation verification letter.
General Education Diploma (GED)
What I Need to Provide:
- Student's full name (as it was when attending school).
- Student's date of birth.
- Name of the last FCPS school attended.
- Last month and year the student attended an FCPS school.
- Whether the student graduated or withdrew.
- The records being requested (high school transcript, middle school transcript, immunization records…)
- The reason the request is being requested (i.e., education, employment, identification, etc.).
- Full address(es) of where to send the copies.
- Transcript Request Only: a signed release from either the parent or legal guardian, or the student depending on the student’s age, must be included.
The cost for each request is $15.00.
- Check (Payable to FCPS)
- Moneyorder (Payable to FCPS)
- Credit/Debit Card – Online ordering only
Request Graduation Verification:
Submit your request to the Fairfax County Public Schools' Records Center using the following options:
In Person @ FCPS Records Center
Records Center Address
3701 Franconia Road
Alexandria, VA 22310
(Use Door #6)
Records Center Hours
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.