Accelerated Workforce Education (AWE)
AWE Pilot Program
Are you unsure of your plans after high school? Do you need or want post-secondary opportunities for your 13th Year? Let Accelerated Workforce Education (AWE) be your next step.
What is meant by “13th Year?” The 13th Year refers to the experiential year students take between secondary school and college or career. Its purpose is for students to intentionally take some time to explore options, learn new skills, reflect on experiences, and prepare to take the next purposeful step in life. AWE is a 13th Year bridge for FCPS students.
The affordable program is designed for young adults who are seeking a career in the trades, health services, business, or information technology. AWE is a good choice for students who want to explore both traditional and nontraditional career pathways.
Using the quality programming through Adult and Community Education, AWE offers courses and certificates that help:
- Prepare students for the workforce.
- Enhance and learn additional skills.
- Provide opportunities for supplemental income.
- Broaden career portfolios and encourage career exploration.
Business and Information Technology
• Fast Track Bookkeeping and Accounting
• Computer Support Technician
• Office Assistant
• Microsoft Office Proficiency Workshop
• Strategic Financial Planning for Young Adults
Health and Medical
• Certified Nurses Aide (CNA)
• Dental Assistant
• Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
• Pharmacy Technician
• Veterinary Assistant