Dual Enrollment with Northern Virginia Community College Student Checklist
Use this checklist to manage the process of signing up for any Dual Enrollment Class.
- Complete the Intent to Pursue Dual Enrollment Courses form and return to your counselor.
- Apply for admission to NOVA
- Remember to keep your NOVA ID number, assigned NOVA user name and password in a safe place.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT). This is necessary only if you do not have qualifying substitute test scores that meet the minimum requirement.
Virginia Placement Test (VPT) Options
- Select FCPS high schools offer the VPT to their own students at various times during the spring. Students should check with their school counselor regarding the registration process for those testing opportunities.
- Regional Testing Sites for the VPT will be available at multiple FCPS schools. A schedule of dates, times, and locations and test registration at an FCPS location is available on the registration form (note: you will be required to log-in with your FCPS Google account to access this form).
- The VPT can also be taken at your convenience at any NOVA campus.
Intent to Pursue Dual Enrollment forms are due to your school counselor no later than April 6, 2018. Forms for dual enrollment courses taken through FCPS Online Campus is due to your school counselor no later than April 23, 2018. Students with approved schedule changes or transferring into FCPS after this date, must submit intent and registration form by August 31st.
For additional information for online campus or VPT visit: