FCPS Instructional Licensure: New Reading Assessment
Passing Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE) Test Replaces VRA (limited to specific endorsements)
New Reading Assessment
- Effective July 1, 2011: Passing Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE) test code – 5304 with VA pass cut score of 162 is required for initial endorsement in reading specialist prek-12 and Passing Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE) test code – 5306 with VA pass cut score of 157 is required for initial endorsement in:
- Early/Primary prek-3
- Elementary Education prek-6
- Special Education–General Curriculum
- Special Education–Hearing Impairments
- Special Education–Visual Impairments
The RVE tests will be offered by the Educational Testing Service.
After July 1, 2011 VDOE will accept score sheets for VRA taken before July 1, 2011, or RVE taken after July 1, 2011.
Please refer to VDOE Licensure Exams for updates on RVE, other VA licensure test requirements, and the VA licensure test exemption criteria.