Student Films from Three Schools Named Official Selections in 2019 VHSL Film Festival
Works by student filmmakers who attend Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) have been named official selections in the 2019 Virginia High School League (VHSL) Film Festival, to be held June 1 at Piedmont Virginia Community College in Charlottesville.
The following films were named 2019 official selections:
In the Animation category:
• Forever, Marshall High School.
In the Commercial-Public Service Announcement category:
• Peer Pressure, Annandale High School.
• The Bottle is the Weapon, Robinson Secondary School.
In the Documentary category:
• Strangers of Alexandria, Marshall High School.
In the Experimental category:
• Alone, Robinson Secondary School.
In the Narrative category:
• 11:05, Robinson Secondary School
All official selections will be screened at the festival, which will also include guest speakers, a filmmaker question and answer session, and an awards ceremony. The festival is open to the public; tickets can be purchased online.
For more information, contact the FCPS Office of Communication and Community Relations at 571-423-1200.