Student-Athletes are Returning Strong this Fall!
The return to school brings a return to fall sports. As with our entire return to school plan, safety is our top priority as we plan for fall sports to resume. The health and safety protocols in place this fall include universal masking when indoors.
The athletic safety protocols for return to school are as follows:
- Outdoor activities – masks not required
- Indoor activities – masks required for coaches and all players who are not participating in the activity
- This applies to all practices, games and outdoor sports coming indoors for practices
- This applies to students and staff
- Masks are currently being worn while on a school bus; that practice will follow transportation guidelines.
Beginning November 8, FCPS will require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for any student participating in Virginia High School League (VHSL) winter and spring sports for the remainder of the 2021-22 school year.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination will also be required for participation in any other activity that requires a physical. This includes dance team and step team, as well as out-of-season practices and workouts.
Students and coaches will provide their own water in individual containers. Each will need to have a minimum of 32 ounces; more is recommended based on individual need and the demands of the sport.
Pre-activity screening is required for students and coaches.
Cleaning and disinfection protocols are in place.
Illness/COVID Case Reporting
The same procedures as last school year remain in place.