FCPS Yearbook Staffs Earn 2017 Honors from NSPA
Six Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) student publications were named Pacemaker finalists by the National Scholastic Press Association (NSPA) for 2017. The NSPA Pacemaker competition is one of student journalism's highest honors.
The following publications were named Pacemaker finalists:
- “Sentry,” Robinson Secondary School (middle school yearbooks); Owen Schwartz and Michaela Rudolph, editors; Adrienne Forte, adviser.
- “Odyssey,” Chantilly High School; Christine Ly, Kali Milazzo, and Elise Mazzone, editors;
Mary Kay Downes, adviser.
- “Lair,” Lake Braddock Secondary School (high school yearbooks); Jake Gold, Samantha Hernandez, and Christopher Margraf, editors; Kathryn Helmke, adviser.
- “The Guardian,” Westfield High School; Morgan Jackson, Charlotte Heo, Taliyah Rogers, and Nick Alexander-Goldsmith, editors; Anthony Whitten, adviser.
- “The Clan,” McLean High School; Allie Babyak, Grace Fabrycky, Karen Shedlock, Isabelle Wyerman, Anthony Capon, and Christine O’Donnell, editors; Meghan Percival, adviser.
- “Columbian,” Marshall High School; Avani Casey, editor; Daniel Reinish, adviser.