FCPS Provides Emergency Breakfast and Lunch at School Sites, Pop-Up Locations, and Along Some Bus Routes
UPDATED April 23, 2020
Fairfax County Public Schools is providing grab and go meals at several schools and community centers, pop-up locations, and along several bus routes throughout the county. The FCPS sites, locations, bus routes, and curbside service are available Monday-Friday only.
Updates to locations can be found on the Food Resources page and below.
Meals will be provided to all students without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided on a first come, first served basis, at the sites listed below.
All FCPS students (regardless of age) are eligible for free grab and go breakfast and lunch, as well as other county children, under the age of 18. Adults picking up meals for children should let staff know how many children's meals they need. Adults may pay $2 for the meals as well.
As a reminder, it is important to follow social distancing guidelines. Be sure to stand a minimum of 6 feet apart from others and practice regular hand washing, including prior to leaving a residence to pick-up meals, upon returning home, and before consuming food.
Both breakfast and lunch are available for pick up between 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Curbside meal pick-up stations are generally located in the bus lanes at the schools or in the kiss and ride area. Look for the canopy tent along with Food and Nutrition Services staff, who will deliver meals directly to vehicles.
Walk-ups are still welcome at all sites. Walkers are asked to use school sidewalks to safely navigate their walk to the pick-up stations.
- Annandale Terrace ES, 7604 Herald St., Annandale
- Braddock ES, 7825 Heritage Dr., Annandale
- Bren Mar Park ES, 6344 Beryl Rd., Alexandria
- Brookfield ES, 4200 Lees Corner Rd, Chantilly
- Bucknell ES, 6925 University Dr, Alexandria
- Burke School, 9645 Burke Lake Rd., Burke
- Cameron ES, 3434 Campbell Drive, Alexandria
- Centre Ridge ES, 14400 New Braddock Rd., Centreville
- Coates ES, 2480 River Burch Road, Herndon
- Crestwood ES, 6010 Hanover Ave., Springfield
- Cunningham Park ES **moved to Thoreau MS as of 4/20/20**
- Edison HS, 5801 Franconia Rd, Alexandria
- Falls Church HS, 7521 Jaguar Trail, Falls Church
- FCPS Food and Nutrition Services, Energy Zone Center, 6840 Industrial Rd, Springfield
- Please note. As of Thursday 4/23/20, this site is being changed to a "pop-up" location with the hours of 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Forest Edge ES, 1501 Becontree Ln, Reston
- Fort Belvoir Upper ES, 5980 Meeres Rd., Fort Belvoir
- Garfield ES, 7101 Old Keene Mill Rd., Springfield
- Herndon ES, 630 Dranesville Rd., Herndon
- Hollin Meadows ES, 2310 Nordok Place, Alexandria
- Hutchison ES, 13209 Parcher Ave., Herndon
- Hybla Valley ES, 3415 Lockheed Blvd., Alexandria
- Irving MS, 8100 Old Keene Mill Rd., Springfield
- London Towne ES, 6100 Stone Rd., Centreville
- Lorton Station ES, 9298 Lewis Chapel Rd, Lorton
- Mount Vernon Woods ES, 4015 Fielding St., Alexandria
- Oak View Elementary, 5004 Sideburn Road, Fairfax
- Parklawn ES, 4116 Braddock Road, Alexandria
- Pine Spring ES, 7607 Willow Ln., Falls Church
- Providence ES, 3616 Jermantown Rd., Fairfax
- South County HS, 8700 Laurel Crest Drive, Lorton
- Thoreau MS, 2505 Cedar Ln, Vienna **new as of 4/20/20**
- Westgate Elementary, 7500 Magarity Road, Falls Church
- Weyanoke ES, 6520 Braddock Rd., Alexandria
Breakfast and lunch (both meals can be picked up at the same time) are available from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the locations listed below. The food distribution is set up outside at each site.
- Bailey's Primary ES, 6111 Knollwood Dr., Falls Church
- Dogwood ES, 12300 Glade Dr., Reston
- Glen Forest ES, 5829 Glen Forest Dr., Falls Church
- Graham Road Community Center, 3036 Graham Rd., Falls Church
These "pop-up" grab and go sites serve both breakfast and lunch within the hours listed by site:
- Audubon Apartments, 10-10:30 a.m., 7930 Audubon Ave., Alexandria
- Daniels Run ES, 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., 3705 Old Lee Highway, Fairfax
- FCPS Food and Nutrition Services, Energy Zone Center, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., 6840 Industrial Rd, Springfield **change as of 4/23/20**
- Gum Springs Community Center, 11-11:30 a.m., 8100 Fordson Rd, Alexandria
- Hunters Woods ES, 10:45-11:00 a.m., 2401 Colts Neck Road, Reston
- James Lee Community Center, 12-12:30 p.m., 2855 Annandale Rd, Falls Church
- Luther Jackson MS, 11-11:30 a.m., 3020 Gallows Rd, Falls Church
- Mason Crest ES, 10-10:30 a.m., 3705 Crest Dr, Annandale
- Mosby Woods ES, 12-12:30 p.m., 9819 Five Oaks Rd, Fairfax
- Mount Eagle ES, 12-12:30 p.m., 6116 N. Kings Hwy, Alexandria
- North Springfield ES, 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., 7602 Heming Ct, North Springfield **NEW as of 4/23/20**
- Oakview Garden Apartments, 10-10:30 a.m., 5827 Oakview Garden Drive, Falls Church (next to the basketball courts)
- South Lakes HS, 11:15-11:30 a.m., 11400 South Lakes Dr, Reston
- Waples Mill Mobile Home Park, 8:30-9:00 a.m., 4308 Mobile Ct. Fairfax
- Willston Multi-Cultural Center, 11-11:30 a.m., 6131 Willston Dr, Falls Church
Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) buses are delivering grab and go meals along some bus routes. School buses will stop at designated intersections to deliver grab and go meals. Please click here for the location of intersections and times to expect the buses in school neighborhoods.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
- Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
- Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
- Email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.