Coronavirus Update - Superintendent's Messages to the Community
FCPS Superintendent Scott Brabrand provides regular updates to the community.
Coronavirus Update - Food Resources: For Those in Need, and How to Contribute
How to find assistance for food and how to help when schools are closed.
Coronavirus Update - Distance Learning Plan
FCPS has developed a Distance Learning Plan for Continuity of Learning through the school closures of spring 2020.
Coronavirus Update – Mental Health and Community Resources
Information on mental health resources is and other community resources is available.
Coronavirus Update - Videos and Fact Sheets
Fact Sheets and Video messages regarding the coronavirus are included here.
Coronavirus Update – Fairfax County Updates
Get the latest information from Fairfax County including health information closures.
Coronavirus Update - Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to questions we are getting from parents, students and the community. Content is being updated regularly.
- In support of the governor’s announcement, and in response to the ongoing concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our region, Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) will close schools for the remainder of the academic year.
- FCPS is working with the Fairfax County Health Department (FCHD) and closely monitoring the health crisis globally associated with novel coronavirus infections (COVID-19), as well as any impact it may have locally.
- The latest information from Fairfax County is available.
- All FCPS school buildings are closed until further notice.
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be providing emergency grab and go breakfast and lunches at no cost for students at several FCPS and community sites. More details about the food program.
- All FCPS administrative offices are closed until further notice.
- School Age Child Care: SACC centers will be closed until further notice. Spring break services will not be offered as previously planned. As the Coronavirus situation continues to unfold the operating status of the SACC program will be continuously re-evaluated. Additional information and any updates will be communicated to SACC families.
- All field trips, extracurricular activities, interscholastic contests, community use activities, and after-school programs are canceled until the end of the academic year.
- We have also been flooded with generous offers from employees and community members to volunteer at our food distribution sites. Due to state training requirements for food distribution, we are encouraging those interested in helping to contact one of our community partners.
- We have made plans to provide continuity of learning during this break. Our goal is for students to continue to engage in learning activities. The first two weeks of school closure (from Monday, March 16 to Friday, March 27) will not include any teacher-directed instruction. Students can participate in optional, self-directed learning activities that have been posted on FCPS 24-7 Learning (Blackboard) and are available at www.fcps.edu. Again, these activities are not required, nor graded.
For updates and more information about novel coronavirus:
Key Messages and Actions for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Schools (World Health Organization)