Distance Learning in FCPS
From Tuesday, April 14, 2020, through June 12, 2020, students in PreK-12 will take part in distance learning. Learn more about the plan in FCPS.
Coronavirus Update - Food Resources: For Those in Need, and How to Contribute
How to find assistance for food and how to help when schools are closed.
Coronavirus Update - Distance Learning Plan
FCPS has developed a Distance Learning Plan for Continuity of Learning through the school closures of spring 2020 including plan support for students with disabilities, English learners, students without reliable access to technology, family support, and live streaming options.
Coronavirus Update - Superintendent's Messages to the Community
FCPS Superintendent Scott Brabrand provides regular updates to the community.
Coronavirus Update – Mental Health and Community Resources
Information on mental health resources is and other community resources is available.
Coronavirus Update - Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to questions we are receiving from parents, students, and the community. Content is being updated regularly.
Coronavirus Update - Videos and Fact Sheets
Fact Sheets and Video messages regarding the coronavirus are included here.
- In support of the governor’s announcement, and in response to the ongoing concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our region, Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) will close schools for the remainder of the academic year.
- FCPS is working with the Fairfax County Health Department (FCHD) and closely monitoring the health crisis globally associated with novel coronavirus infections (COVID-19), as well as any impact it may have locally.
- The Fairfax County Health Department identified March 27 as the last day that a student, teacher or staff member in Fairfax County Public might develop COVID-19 disease from an exposure that occurred while school still was in session. Because we have now passed this date, we will not be posting school-wide or system-wide notifications for positive cases of COVID-19.
- The latest information from Fairfax County is available.
- All FCPS school buildings are closed until further notice.
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be providing emergency grab and go breakfast and lunches at no cost for students at several FCPS and community sites. More details about the food program.
- All FCPS administrative offices are closed until further notice.
- School Age Child Care: SACC centers will be closed until further notice. Spring break services will not be offered as previously planned. As the Coronavirus situation continues to unfold the operating status of the SACC program will be continuously re-evaluated. Additional information and any updates will be communicated to SACC families.
- All field trips, extracurricular activities, interscholastic contests, community use activities, and after-school programs are canceled until the end of the academic year.
- We have also been flooded with generous offers from employees and community members to volunteer at our food distribution sites. Due to state training requirements for food distribution, we are encouraging those interested in helping to contact one of our community partners.
For updates and more information about novel coronavirus:
Key Messages and Actions for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Schools (World Health Organization)