Chesterbrook ES Recognized as 2018-20 Common Sense School
Chesterbrook Elementary has been recognized as a Common Sense School for its commitment to creating a culture of good digital citizenship by Common Sense, an organization whose Digital Citizenship Program is utilized by FCPS. The school follows the FCPS “shared responsibility” approach to Digital Citizenship Education in which school staff, parents and guardians, and students all play a vital role in ensuring that students learn to use technology safely, responsibly, and ethically. Chesterbrook teachers and specialists led the following efforts to earn Common Sense School recognition:
• Completing FCPS Digital Citizenship professional development modules.
• Making use of the FCPS Digital Citizenship website, particularly its curricular materials and lesson plans.
• Participating in Digital Citizenship Week.
• Providing staff professional development workshops that focused on facilitating student access to high-quality, county-approved edtech tools.
• Holding a special event--the Digital Learning Showcase--which featured TECH Talks on digital citizenship for parents and a Dig Cit Central information kiosk.
• Delivering required and additional digital citizenship lessons to students at all grade levels.
• Helping to build a school culture of good digital citizenship.
Contact news liaison Kathleen Fugle at firstname.lastname@example.org.