Calling all Artists and Designers: Schoology Design Challenge
All FCPS students in grades PreK-12 are eligible to submit. Students may submit more than one design.
Artists may work collaboratively and submit their collective work as a group or they may choose to work and submit individually.
Any medium is acceptable for the original artwork. See submission requirements for non-digital media.
- How does Schoology help you learn?
- What does Schoology do for you?
- The design should communicate one or more ways Schoology helps you learn. You can choose from the examples listed here or create your own.
- Schoology makes it easier to continue learning at home.
- Schoology makes it easier to find feedback on assignments.
- Schoology makes it easier to communicate with teachers.
- Schoology helps me keep track of assignments and due dates.
- Schoology helps me share ideas with classmates through discussions.
- Schoology helps me stay organized.
- Schoology helps me connect with my friends from school.
- Schoology helps my family know what I’m doing in school.
- Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on May 20, 2022.
- The artwork must have a title.
- If the artwork was done in a non-digital medium, take a clear, well-lit digital photo or scan it using a color scanner and save it as a .jpeg or .png.
- Schoology Login page image size: 1420x1080 pixels @ 96 DPI, and the file size should not exceed 200 KB.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a permission slip (see the blue box below) signed by the student and the student’s parent or guardian giving us permission to use the student's work.
- If the artwork was done by a team, all students must submit individual permission slips to the submission form (Google form).
Selection and Recognition
- Students who complete a submission will receive a certificate of participation by the end of the school year.
- A panel will review submissions and select one or more designs to be displayed on the Schoology login page.
- Selection criteria will include alignment with one or more of the design challenge concepts (above), creativity, and quality of craft.
- Selected designs may be cropped or image adjusted for use on the Schoology login page, but every effort will be made to maintain the spirit of the original work.
- Students who submitted selected designs will be notified and will be credited on the Schoology login page when their work is displayed.
- A certificate of design achievement will be awarded to the selected designer(s) by the end of the school year.