Tutoring in FCPS Facilities
Become familiar with our tutoring guidelines before setting up a session.
FCPS allows tutoring to occur in our facilities by outside tutors or our own teachers. FCPS Human Resources Regulation 4705 covers tutoring. You should become familiar with this regulation. FCPS employees who are tutoring should review Policy 4430, Conflict of Interest—Employees, and Regulation 4427, Non-school Employment.
- All tutors (including FCPS staff) who charge for their services are subject to rental fees per Regulation 8420.
- You are responsible for providing a copy of attachment E from Regulation 8420 to those you tutor.
- Tutoring is limited to one-on-one instruction. Group instruction is not allowed. If group instruction is requested, standard rental fee structure will apply.
- If you are not already an Organization Event Coordinator (OEC) for our online system, Community Use, please follow the process on our Community Use of School Facilities webpage to become an OEC. Once you are approved, you can submit your request through Community Use.
- When entering your use, please try to get it all on one schedule for each semester. If you are using more than one day of the week, use the Recurring Schedule option. This helps in avoiding confusion when invoicing.
- Per Regulation 8420, elementary classroom space is not available for use during the school year.
- After your request is approved by the school, you will receive an invoice via email. If you do not receive your invoice, please contact the Community Use Section office at 571-423-2340.
- Rental fees for tutors are $55 per day of the week, per semester, per school. For example, a tutor who uses a school on Tuesdays and Fridays will pay $110 (2 days per week x $55 per day) for that semester, and another $110 for the second semester.
- Semesters are:
- First semester - September through January.
- Second semester - February through end of school year.
- Summer semester - End of school year through first day of school.
- Payment must be received by the Community Use Section at least 10 business days prior to the start of use.
For more information, visit the Community Use of School Facilities webpage. You may also call 571-423-2340 or fax 571-423-2347.