School Board Meetings
The Fairfax County School Board holds two business meetings each month.
School Board MeetingChannel 21 Livestream
The Board holds regular business meetings at 7 p.m. twice monthly in the auditorium at Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church. In accordance with the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, closed meetings are held only for consideration of certain student, personnel, property, and legal matters.
Meeting agendas and minutes can be found on BoardDocs.
- Information on citizen participation at board meetings
- Register to speak at a meeting
- Submit a video testimony
- Minutes prior to 2015
- 2017- 2018 Board Meeting videos and photos
- 2016-2017 Board Meeting minutes, videos, agendas and photos
- 2015-2016 Board Meeting minutes, videos, agendas and photos
Work sessions of the Board are held to examine subjects in greater depth than is possible during business meetings. All-day work sessions are held in the School Board Conference Room 1600 at the Gatehouse Administration Center, 8115 Gatehouse Road, Falls Church.
- Follow up from work sessions 2017-18
- Follow up from work sessions 2016-17
- Forum topics and outcomes 2017-18
- Forum topics and outcomes 2016-17
The School Board schedules public hearings on specific topics, such as boundaries, budget, and the Capital Improvement Program. Public hearings are held in the auditorium at Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church.
Special meetings of the Board can include joint meetings, education summits, Board retreats, and budget roundtable dialogues with stakeholders.