Technology Support for Families
Access technology videos and technology resources to help your student in the virtual learning environment.
- Dedicate a space for your child to do their work.
- The computer needs to be on a level surface. (Laptops should not be used on your child’s lap.)
- Everyone can see where your child is working when their camera is on.
- Students can email teachers through their Gmail account. (studentID@fcpsschools.net).
- Your child may also use this email to reach out to their school counselor and other school staff. Parent emails will not go through fcpsschools.net
- Check for assignments and announcements in Google Classroom or FCPS 24-7 Learning.
- Or Check for assignments and announcements in Schoology if your child is at a school piloting this program in 2020-21 (Langley, Marshall, Edison, West Springfield, Westfield pyramids)
- Help your child stick to a schedule.
- Have your child follow the schedule for meeting with teachers.
- Your child may use the other days to complete assigned work and check in when needed.
Encourage your child to be open and flexible to learn this new way together.
A one-page Technology Tips for Families is available in multiple languages to help you support your child with virtual learning. Select your language below to access this helpful virtual learning technology resource.
General Computer Use
1. Disconnect, then reconnect to the internet.
2. Restart your device.
- Refresh the web page. Click on the refresh icon.
- Try using another browser.
- Check your Internet connection.
- Username: Student ID number
- Password: The FCPS network ( and ) share the same password.
Forgot or Need to Change Your Password for FCPS 24-7, SIS Account, Google, or the FCPS Network?
- Recover or reset a forgotten password or change an existing password by visiting our password management page.
- Still need help? Submit a ticket on our Parent and Student IT Support Portal and a tech support person will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra - allows real-time meetings between students and teachers.
These videos tell you how to access links to your BBCU synchronous learning sessions. It also includes some information about the basic tools you will use including your microphone, camera and raising your hand. (Video, 4:41)
Create Easy to Find Links to Virtual Learning (BBCU) in Google Calendar - Learn how to take invitations from Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (BBCU) sent in Gmail and then create easy-to-find links using Google Calendar events. This way you can easily schedule and find the link to online class, without having to look through multiple emails. (Video, 3:19)
Google Suite - G Suite for Education provides a suite of cloud-based tools to schools. The tools and services include messaging and collaboration apps, such as Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar, Classroom, and Meet.
Signing on to the Google Classroom (Video, 3:06)
If your child's teacher is using Google Classroom for assignments, you will need to log on using your child's FCPSschools.net email account.
What do I need?
A computer (desktop, laptop, tablet, or smart phone) and internet connection.
How do I login?
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to www.fcpsschools.net
- Enter your child’s 7-digit studentID number and click Next
- Enter your child’s FCPS password and click Next
- Access Gmail from the 3x3 apps grid in the upper-right
Blackboard Learn: Parent View and SIS Access
- get access to your student's courses
- view College and Academic Career Planning (for Middle and High school students)
- view and update Emergency Care information.
- view your student's records including scheduling, attendance, discipline, health, grades, test results, and academic programs
FCPS 24-7 Learning provides parents access to available courses the student is enrolled in, Naviance Student to view College and Academic Career Planning (for Middle and High school students), weCare@school to view and update Emergency Care information, and Bus Stop Information via the Bus Stop module. Find out more.
The Student Information System (SIS) supports all aspects of a student’s educational experience and includes demographic data and information related to scheduling, attendance, discipline, health, grades, test results, and academic programs. SIS is a secure, web-based system accessible by staff, students, and parents.
Schoology is the learning management system that is being used in 17 pilot schools this year. The platform will be used divisionwide in fall 2021. Get help with Schoology.
The Parent Technology Help Desk is not operational during FCPS’ winter break- from December 19-January 1.
Parents and Families - Do you need Tech Support?
1. Call the Parent Technology Help Desk at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS). This will be answered by staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week. Please specify if you need an interpreter when you call.
Students - Do you need Tech Support?
1 – Check in with your teacher or school technology specialist (TSSpec) for help.
2 – Go to our Student Technology Support Request to submit a request for help.