G Suite Information for Students and Parents
Learn basic information about how students access G Suite for Education, take their files when they leave FCPS and more.
How To Access G Suite
- Log in to FCPS G Suite using your FCPS student ID and password. If you do not know your FCPS network password, please contact your school for help.
- Unlike the FCPS 24-7 Blackboard environment, G Suite is not designed to provide separate parent accounts. To monitor a child’s activity in G Suite, parents can have their child login and show what they are working on within the G Suite environment.
- Chrome is the preferred browser for G Suite for Education. Learn more about other supported browsers.
- Your G Suite password is your network password for most of your online systems. If you need to change your password, do not change it in G Suite, as that will not change your network password in the system. Passwords should not be changed within G Suite, as this will not sync back to the network account. To reset both your FCPS network and G Suite passwords, please use the Self-Service Account Recovery application.
Accessing FCPS G Suite email on Mobile Devices
FCPS G Suite email must be accessed through the Gmail app, it does not work with the device’s native app.
- Download the Gmail app (android | iOS) (Access through third party mail apps is not supported).
- Log in with your FCPS G suite account information.
If you need help, see your teacher or search Google's Help Center.
Downloading Your Data
If you are graduating from or transferring out of FCPS, you can download your data from Google by:
- Log in to your FCPS Google account.
- Press Ctrl + A (⌘ (Command) + A on a Mac) to select all of your files and folders in your drive.
- Near the upper right hand corner of the screen, you will see three vertical dots (⁝). Click on the three dots and then click on Download.
- Google will then create a ZIP (compressed) file of all of your files and folders. This may take a while if you have a lot of files. In the bottom right hand corner of your screen, you will see a pop-up that says Preparing download.
- Once your files have been successfully zipped, the pop-up will say Download ready and your browser should automatically begin downloading the ZIP file to your computer.
Things to Keep in Mind When Using FCPS G Suite for Education
- Remember that G Suite is a school environment. Regardless of whether you are in a school building or not, if you are in G Suite, you are responsible for following all FCPS guidelines as described in the Students Rights & Responsibilities Handbook and the FCPS Acceptable Use Policy.
- G Suite accounts should not be used to log in to other applications, unless directed to do so by a teacher. Users can see applications linked to their G Suite account by following the steps below:
- Never share your G Suite password.
- Report any inappropriate use to a faculty or staff member at your school. All reports are investigated by school personnel.
- G Suite accounts continue to be available over the summer. G Suite files remain available from year to year.
- G Suite student tools include Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail, Draw, Calendar, Contacts, Forms, Keep, Tasks, and Sites.