Fairfax County Youth Survey
Determining the effectiveness of prevention and intervention programs
The Fairfax County School Board and the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors work together to administer the Fairfax County Youth Survey.
School officials, youth leadership classes, youth serving county agencies, and local non-profits use the survey results to:
- determine the effectiveness of school and community intervention and prevention programs
- to identify changing trends and areas of need.
The survey is anonymous and no individual information is reported.
The survey asks questions about:
- risky behavior
- mental, physical, and personal health (including eating disorders and obesity)
- behaviors related to alcohol, illegal drugs, and misuse of prescription drugs
- student stress
- specific protective factors concerning health and safety.
2019-20 Youth Survey Instrument
Parent opt-out letters will be available in October.