Early Literacy Program for Korean Speaking Families
The Early Literacy Program is a free, interactive parent and child program. Parents learn school-readiness strategies to prepare their child for future school success.
All parent programming will be virtual for the 2020-21 school year.
Parents are able to help their children develop essential early literacy skills at home and gain confidence in their own ability to become active partners in their children's education. The program provides information and resources on how parents can establish a positive home-school connection by:
- Understanding the important role parents play as their child's first teachers.
- Recognizing behavioral and academic expectations of Fairfax County Public Schools.
- Becoming familiar with school programs and services such as: interpreters, parent liaisons, health and nutrition services, library services, enrichment programs and before and after school care.
- Parents receive a certificate of participation upon completion of the program, as well as books and other materials.
Registration begins September 10, 2020
Virtual Class Schedule Fall 2020-21
Classes begin in October and meet twice a week for 7.5 weeks.
|Class 1||Tuesday and Thursday||10 to 11:30 a.m.||October 6, 2020|
|Class 2||Tuesday and Thursday||10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.||October 6, 2020|
|Class 3||Tuesday and Thursday||11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.||October 6, 2020|
|Class 4||Tuesday and Thursday||12 to 1:30 p.m.||October 6, 2020|
|Class 5||Tuesday and Thursday||1 to 2:30 p.m.||October 6, 2020|
|Class 6||Tuesday and Thursday||1:30 to 3 p.m.||October 6, 2020|
|Class 7||Wednesday and Friday||10 to 11:30 a.m.||October 7, 2020|
|Class 8||Wednesday and Friday||10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.||October 7, 2020|
|Class 9||Wednesday and Friday||11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.||October 7, 2020|
|Class 10||Wednesday and Friday||12 to 1:30 p.m.||October 7, 2020|
|Class 11||Wednesday and Friday||1 to 2:30 p.m.||October 7, 2020|
|Class 12||Wednesday and Friday||1:30 to 3 p.m.||October 7, 2020|
This program is for Fairfax County residents only. Proof of residency will be verified on the first day of class.
- When registering one child, a child has to be at least two years of age by September 30, 2020.
- Base schools can be looked up in the Boundary Locator
How to Apply
- Open and download the application form
- Fill out participant information
- Send the application form by email as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be faxed to 703-204-4346 or mailed to:
Family and School Partnerships
2334 Gallows Road
Dunn Loring, VA 22027