Direct Bill for Insurance
Interested in continued insurance coverage during a leave of absence, after employment or after retirement?
To determine if you are eligible, contact the Office of Benefit Services, Department of Human Resources, Disability and Leaves at email@example.com or at 571-423-3200, option 1.
All premium payments are due on the first day of the month. If your payment is not received by the end of the month, your benefits will be cancelled back to the last fully funded month.
After retirement or after employment:
- Retirees and COBRA participants will now be billed by and remit payments to OptumHealth. These changes are effective January 1, 2019.
- Be sure to open and read all communications received from OptumHealth and FCPS that detail the transition to OptumHealth and new payment methods available.
- Contact OptumHealth at 1-855-409-7028 or email to OperationsAdminServices@Optum.com.
Employees on a leave of absence:
While on a leave of absence, employees have the option to continue participating in their current medical, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance programs. The Disability and Leaves office has oversight of informing employees on leave of absence about the current benefit options available to them. Payments for these benefits must be made directly to FCPS.
- Complete the form provided by the Disability and Leaves office, and return with payment for the first initial monthly premium(s). Questions about the form and eligibility should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or at 571-423-3200, option 1.
- Office of Payroll Management will mail invoice coupons for subsequent monthly premiums to your home address.
- Questions regarding your FCPS monthly premiums during your leave of absence should be addressed to the Office of Payroll Management at (571) 423-3536.