SBA Performance Evaluation - Professionalism
Standard 6 of the school-based administrator performance evaluation program
The school-based administrator fosters the success of all students by demonstrating professional standards and ethics, engaging in continuous professional development, and contributing to the profession.
Examples may include, but are not limited to the following.
The school-based administrator:
- Manages and resolves conflict in a respectful and timely manner.
- Engages in professional development, including, but not limited to, attending conferences, networking, mentoring, peer observations,
- Demonstrates a commitment to the school and community that results in successful outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative manner with other administrators, school personnel, and other stakeholders to promote and
support the vision, mission, and goals of the school division while positively impacting the field of education.
- Creates a culture of respect, understanding, sensitivity, and appreciation for students, staff, and other stakeholders and models
these attributes on a daily basis.
- Works within professional and ethical guidelines to improve student learning and to meet school, division, state, and federal
- 7 Models professionalism, confidentiality, and ethical behavior to students, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Provides leadership in sharing ideas and information with staff and other professionals.
- Assumes responsibilities for personal professional development by contributing to and supporting the development of the
profession through service as an instructor, mentor, coach, presenter, and/or researcher.
- Remains current with research related to educational issues, trends, and practices and maintains a high level of technical and
- Engages multiple stakeholders using multiple data sources and resources while considering and evaluating the potential moral and legal consequences of decision-making; decisions promote, alignment, and support the vision, mission, and goals of the school and division.
- Always engages in conversations with all staff, and capitalizes on every opportunity to give ongoing specific feedback in increasing staff performance so they can consistently meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students while managing to resolve conflicts in a respectful and timely manner.
- Engages in and models high quality coaching, mentoring, and other professional learning opportunities that support continuous growth for self and staff.
- Always engages other pyramid and cluster administrators and school personnel in a collaborative manner to enhance the vision and mission of school and division goals with a positive impact on the field of education.
- Plans and leads coaching, mentoring, and professional learning at the pyramid, division, or other levels, which results in improved learning for colleagues.
- Actively seeks feedback and suggestions and uses them to improve performance.
- Models ethical behavior and integrity, uses impeccable judgment, and maintains and respects confidentiality and mentors colleagues in this area.
- Carries out assignments conscientiously and punctually, keeps meticulous records, exceeds professional responsibilities, and models a professional demeanor.
- Considers and evaluates the potential moral and legal consequences of decision-making; decisions support the vision, mission, and goals of the school and division.
- Regularly engages in conversations with all staff, and provides ongoing specific feedback toward promoting the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students while managing conflict in a timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility for coaching, mentoring, and professional learning that supports school goals and staff and individual growth.
- Consistently and effectively works in a collegial and collaborative manner with other pyramid and cluster administrators and school personnel to support the vision and mission of division goals.
- Participates in professional development that is targeted to professional and school needs results in improved learning.
- Listens thoughtfully to other viewpoints and responds constructively to suggestions and criticism.
- Is ethical and transparent, uses good judgment, and maintains confidentiality.
- Is punctual and reliable with administrative duties, and assignments; keeps accurate records, and maintains a professional demeanor.