SBA Performance Evaluation - Communication & Community Relations
Standard 5 of the school-based administrator performance evaluation program
The school-based administrator fosters the success of all students by communicating & collaborating effectively with stakeholders.
Examples may include, but are not limited to the following.
The school-based administrator:
- Plans for and solicits staff, parent, & stakeholder input to promote effective decision-making and communication when appropriate.
- Assesses, plans for, responds to, and advocates for student learning through the interaction with the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural contexts.
- Communicates long- and short-term goals and the school improvement plan to all stakeholders.
- Communicates assessment results to multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Disseminates key information to staff, parents, and other stakeholders in a timely manner and through multiple channels and sources.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to students, parents, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Speaks and writes consistently in an explicit and professional manner using standard oral and written English to communicate with students parents, staff and other stakeholders.
- Provides a variety of opportunities for parent and family involvement in school activities.
- Collaborates & networks with colleagues & stakeholders to effectively utilize resources and expertise available in the local community.
- Proactively engages all stakeholders by promoting innovative and productive strategies for communications about the school improvement plan, instructional programs, assessment results and events.
- Advocates for students by soliciting resources and using input and assistance from various internal and external stakeholder groups that directly improve achievement for all student populations.
- Serves as a model in demonstrating thorough knowledge and effective application of communication processes in all areas of responsibility; communicates complex data to multiple audiences within and outside of the school.
- Is an expert in effectively and consistently communicating through a variety of formats in a professional manner using standard oral and written English.
- Is an expert in initiating and cultivating partnerships & networks with colleagues, parents, & other stakeholders to leverage resources & expertise in the community; is widely visible & easily accessible to all stakeholders.
- Constantly communicating timely information about the school improvement plan, instructional programs, assessment results and events by using multiple delivery methods of communication to all stakeholders.
- Advocates for students by consistently collaborating with stakeholder groups for input and assistance to improve achievement for students.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of communication processes; consistently applies sound communication practices in all areas of responsibility and to various audiences at the school.
- Consistently and effectively communicates in speaking and writing in a professional manner using standard oral and written English.
- Consistently collaborates with colleagues, parents & other stakeholders to utilize resources & expertise in the community; is accessible & visible to all stakeholders within & outside FCPS.