A platform for student expression
In your own voice and choice of media, tell us your unique and compelling thoughts. Selected stories will appear on the FCPS Student Voice webpage and possibly other digital or broadcast platforms.
Student Voice offers three options for sharing your thoughts and creativity. Please specify the topic when submitting your piece.
1) Theme: FCPS Practices Resiliency, open deadline.
How are YOU and your families adjusting during these months of social distancing? Help the rest of us by sharing your stories of resilience, which is the process of adapting well to life's tough challenges. Tell us if you’ve discovered an inner strength you never knew you had. Or maybe you are developing new skills or hobbies. Perhaps you’ve found creative ways to celebrate family milestones (birthdays or anniversaries) or to boost the spirits of friends and family you care about. Special notes: an under 30-second video is the ideal format for this topic. Videos show best in horizontal/landscape view.
2) Theme: Coronavirus - May 31 deadline.
Share your thoughts, feelings, and suggestions about how this has affected you and your family's and friends' lives.
3) Voice Box - Open theme, open deadline.
Step up and raise your voice! Voice Box, an open-ended opportunity. Share what you feel passionately about...your choice of topics. Let your voice be heard!
Keep It Simple
- Submit complete work
- Be truthful
- Avoid profanity
- Have rights to music or audio used
- Only include your first name
- Check that individuals have not opted out for public use
- Verify facts
- Be yourself
- Submissions must comply with FCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R)
Type of Media Accepted
How to Submit Your Media
- Create your media and ask a teacher to review. Videos show best in horizontal/landscape view.
- Upload to your fcpsschools.net Google Drive account.
- Share your folder with us: email@example.com.
You will be notified if your story has been selected to appear on the FCPS Student Voice website and possibly other digital or broadcast platforms.
All FCPS K-12 students are eligible to submit media.
How to Tell a Great Story
We'd Love to Hear From You
Please email your questions or suggestions for future themes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's so awesome that FCPS is giving students writers, artists, and filmmakers a platform for their work and opinions to be recognized.
-Zandy, Hayfield Secondary School