Credit Recovery Academy: Grades 7-12
The Credit Recovery Academy provides an opportunity for students to recover one high school course credit. Students may not take these courses for new course credit. Students are eligible to enroll in a Credit Recovery Academy course if they have previously received a grade of F. Students who have passed Algebra 1 may take the Credit Recovery Academy course to improve their understanding and skills before the next school year. Students will receive a grade; however, no additional course credit will be awarded. Parents of middle school students who retake Algebra 1 over the summer, should work with their student’s counselor in deciding to expunge one of the passing Algebra 1 course grades before the end of the first quarter of the following school year.
Class Dates: July 6 - 24, 2020
Times: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Registration Dates: Monday, April 27 - Monday, June 22, 2020
- FCPS Students: No Tuition
- Out-of-County Students: $600
- Out-of-County Students SOL Remediation (Algebra 1, Biology, Geometry, World History 1, or World History 2): $400
- Emergency Care Form
- Health Information
- Medication Authorization
- Epinephrine Authorization
- Inhaler Authorization
- Only students in credit recovery courses receive grades.
- Grades will be calculated according to guidelines outlined in FCPS High School Grading and Reporting to Parents.
- Grade point average (GPA) is calculated on the basis of all courses for which credit has been earned or attempted, including repeated courses previously passed.
- Withdrawing from a course:
- Students who withdraw from July 6 - July 9 may do so without a grade penalty.
- Students who withdraw from July 10 - July 21 will receive a mark of withdrawn failing (WF) or withdrawn passing (WP).
- Students who withdraw after July 21 will receive a mark of withdrawn pass (WP) or fail (F).
SOL and WorkKeys Testing Requirement
Students will take the Standards of Learning End of Course Test:
- If required for federal accountability.
- For use as a verified credit (high school credit courses only).
All students will need to show a photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, school ID, passport) to enter the testing location. If a student cannot show proof of identity, he or she will not be able to take the test.
Students attend the Credit Recovery Academy site based on their local school during the 2019-20 school year. Please use the chart below to determine your site.
Credit Recovery Academy Site
|Annandale High School||
|Centreville High School||
|Hayfield Secondary School||