STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math)
STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics. It is aligned to the Strategic Plan, Ignite and is an inquiry approach to teaching and learning to:
- Solve real-world problems.
- Deepen content understanding.
- Develop Portrait of a Graduate attributes.
- Prepare for future careers.
- Engage as global citizens.
We collaborate with local business and community partners to:
- Promote life-long learning and problem-solving skills.
- Providing exposure to and opportunities for STEM careers.
The complex nature of our world requires students to develop a new set of skills and knowledge to be competitive in the rapidly-changing world. Learn more about STEAM in FCPS!