Office of Professional Learning and Equity
The Office of Professional Learning and Equity (OPLE) reports to the Chief Equity Officer. This office leads and provides dynamic professional development that cultivates a community of learners where staff and stakeholders partner to ensure students are:
Areas of Responsibility
The office is organized into three areas of responsibility to provide support and services to FCPS employees, schools, and the community.
Professional Growth and Career Development
This office works to:
- Advance the achievement of all students.
- Close achievement gaps through dynamic and personalized professional learning for all FCPS staff.
This office supports programs such as:
- Great Beginnings
- Teacher Induction
- Systemwide Professional Development
- National Board-Certified Teachers
- Teacher Leadership
- Instructional Coaching
- Leadership Development
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This office is committed to fostering a responsive, caring, and inclusive culture where all feel valued, supported, and inspired to thrive within FCPS. Leading the charge is the Equity and Cultural Responsiveness (ECR) Team. This team:
- Supports division-wide capacity building and learning.
- Works with schools and departments to make sure all FCPS employees have the knowledge, skills, dispositions, and tools needed to demonstrate cultural responsiveness when supporting students, staff, and families.
- Supports region leadership, coaches, and principals.
- Serves on system-wide collaborative teams.
- Provides direct learning support for both instructional and operational employees.
The Title II team manages the Title II grant program for FCPS and nonprofit private schools. The team works with other departments to identify programs to be funded by the grant. The team supports the nonprofit private schools participating in the grant program.